Dyno Sheet

johnalley

I picked up a differant car mid-December of 2011 and had them provide a current dyno run sheet with 3 runs at that time. I am a little confused with the 2012 rules about dyno sheets. Do I need to get another set run with all the required information or will the 2011 sheet work? I have e-mailed the shop asking if they could update the run sheet and they have not responded.

• National Staff

A certified Dyno report consists of three separate, reproducible Dyno tests with SAE correction, with the car owner’s name, car number, car year/make/model, shop name and phone number, and Dyno operator’s name on the sheet, accompanied by a completed TT Dyno Form. Dyno reports submitted before 1-9-12 are exempt from the requirement to submit a TT (PT) Dyno Form, and Dyno sheets from dynamometer tests done prior to 1-9-12 are exempt from the requirement to have the Dyno operator’s name on the sheet.

So, if you have a valid Dyno sheet (ie. done correctly with the three pulls, SAE correction, decreasing HP for 300 rpm or rev limiter hit) from a test done prior to 1-9-12, you can still submit it, but need to fill out a Dyno Form. You don't need to get the Dyno operator (if you could even find him) to sign it, though. Depending on when the Dyno was done, though, you may be required by your Regional TT Director to get a fresh Dyno test.

A certified Dyno report consists of three separate, reproducible Dyno tests with SAE correction, with the car owner’s name, car number, car year/make/model, shop name and phone number, and Dyno operator’s name on the sheet, accompanied by a completed TT Dyno Form. Dyno reports submitted before 1-9-12 are exempt from the requirement to submit a TT (PT) Dyno Form, and Dyno sheets from dynamometer tests done prior to 1-9-12 are exempt from the requirement to have the Dyno operator’s name on the sheet.

So, if you have a valid Dyno sheet (ie. done correctly with the three pulls, SAE correction, decreasing HP for 300 rpm or rev limiter hit) from a test done prior to 1-9-12, you can still submit it, but need to fill out a Dyno Form. You don't need to get the Dyno operator (if you could even find him) to sign it, though. Depending on when the Dyno was done, though, you may be required by your Regional TT Director to get a fresh Dyno test.

Thanks, I thought that was how it worked but was getting conflicting informtion from others