carsandcapp

Boxster Spec Racing - is it popular in NASA SE Region?

carsandcapp

Hi All,

I've been lurking for awhile, here and other places, trying to get a feel on the popularity of Boxster Spec racing in this NASA SE region. I already have a mid-80's 911 that I would prefer not to track, even in DE events so BSR seems like a good entry point.

For those of you who regularly race, is this class drawing many participants? I know I could show up at Kershaw next week and gauge for myself, but I cannot make the trip.

ANy info is appreciated and yeah, I am a noob.

ktr6

From what I can tell from the entrants list posted for Winter Meltdown there are zero spec boxsters scheduled to race at this time.

With that being said if you decided to purchase a spec boxster you can still race it in the German Touring Series against other German cars based on hp/weight. The car obviously would be eligable to run with PCA as well so you would have multiple groups and weekend options to race your car.

Cooper93

I've been doing this track thing for a couple years now and I've yet to see a spec Boxster.

carsandcapp

thanks all and yeah..that pretty much settles it...on to plan "B"..

BTW: For those of you who are Euro sports car enthusiasts/owners, next Sunday AM: www.facebook.com/carsandcappuccino

laze1

No Boxsters at all...other than one weekend of the National Boxster Guys had a race with 4 cars...

Cooper93
No Boxsters at all...other than one weekend of the National Boxster Guys had a race with 4 cars...

Those were Caymans

Fred Crawford

No boxsters down here. GTS is the main porsche series. If you haven't already, go to the Nasa National Homepage and visit the GTS national forum, some boxster folks will chime in. I know that Drew ( GTS Series SE Director ) would love to have you race with GTS southeast here.

Fc

carsandcapp

Thanks guys...944 spec seems like the way I am leaning now. Low $$$ entry point, seems to be picking up steam and despite being a front-engined water pumper, way better looking than a Boxster anyway.

GTS sounds a little rich for me, at least at this point anyway. but we will see how this all progresses, maybe I'll be out there in a 911 GT3 before you know it!

jason

Where do Boxters fall on the PT scale?

kbrew8991

around TTD/PTD for the early 2.5L cars iirc

Varkwso
Where do Boxters fall on the PT scale?

On their swords most likely.

Fred Crawford
Thanks guys...944 spec seems like the way I am leaning now. Low $$$ entry point, seems to be picking up steam and despite being a front-engined water pumper, way better looking than a Boxster anyway.

GTS sounds a little rich for me, at least at this point anyway. but we will see how this all progresses, maybe I'll be out there in a 911 GT3 before you know it!

Spec E30 a good way to go. Value and competion...... just saying..

Fc

Lucid Moments

Fc

So are you thinking about a new car Freddy?

FastTater

944 spec is definitely gaining momentum. We are adding to our ranks and hoping to have 10+ cars by next year. We are having another build party in Cumming, Ga. It is scheduled for the 25 th. You should come by and visit.

Fred Crawford

Fc

So are you thinking about a new car Freddy?

Nope........... like the 914 too much.....

fc

Sterling Doc
944 spec is definitely gaining momentum. We are adding to our ranks and hoping to have 10+ cars by next year. We are having another build party in Cumming, Ga. It is scheduled for the 25 th. You should come by and visit.

^^^ This! Lots of enthusiasm and fun being had. This is the next big thing in the SE!

Check in over at http://www.944spec.org to see some great build threads!

carsandcapp

And so it begins...I went in 1/2sies on a 944 today. An 1984 that runs strong, looks OK and has a beat interior. Basically a perfect car to start with. Pics later.

Brian944

Great choice!

Are you planning on making the Road Atlanta event next month?

carsandcapp
Great choice!

Are you planning on making the Road Atlanta event next month?

Not likely, too much work to do before then. Maybe Roebling Road.

BTW, got an extra set of phone dials you want to sell cheap?

Brian944
Not likely, too much work to do before then. Maybe Roebling Road. BTW, got an extra set of phone dials you want to sell cheap?

I don't but my Dad might- I think they are late offset, though.

I do have a set of early offset phone dials you can borrow if you still need them when your car is built.

FastTater

Check with Michael, he has a regular parts yard under his house.

Based on Bryan's comment on another thread, I might be able to lay my hands on a "Saturday night special". I'll ask Brian where he keeps them.

PCA Race Aug 16,17,&18  I am one of 31 Spec Boxsters  Looks like we will have own 1 class race

Lucid Moments
On 8/9/2019 at 8:44 AM, 787 said:

PCA Race Aug 16,17,&18  I am one of 31 Spec Boxsters  Looks like we will have own 1 class race

You do realize this is a 7+ year old thread right?  And this is the NASA forum not PCA?