TTF (and PTF) in 2012 At Nationals. Who is in?

CWeber

So last year we barely made it for F class. I was so happy we had 4 in class so it didn't get canceled but was sad to see only 3 ended up making it for PTF (happy they still let them run through).

I think they will end up being more strict this year and I'd honestly love to see at least 5 in each class so we can all have better chances for contingency winnings that weren't even an option for us in 2011 with only 4 and 3 competitors in class!

So speak up folks.. who is joining us in the cheapest to run fun F class?

Let's keep TTF/PTF alive and well so it doesn't get dropped like TTG/PTG did years ago!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CWeber

• neon982004

• Smike

• kbrew8991

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning on it this year - barring work conflicts or car issues I'll be there Will see what I can do to drag some of the other local PTFers up from Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Sentra was a PTE car? I plan on doing a little of both....not sure which Ill focus on. See what I think of racing and how the car does with 40 minute races.

^ by not using Hoosier Tires and a stock exhaust, it is a PTF car (toyo R888s or RA1s make it fit PTF instead)

With the new 5 car requirement in class for Hoosier, it isn't as appealing any more unless we start seeing 5 in PTE in Midwest (not likely) and we don't think there is much chance against Pakistan Express Honda in PTE anyway... lol

Somehow I doubt there will be 5 in PTF for Greatlakes and/or Midwest unfortunately

run for fun in PTF while getting your races in so you've got the option for both come Nationals

edit - the "quickest" way to qualify for both would be to do 3 races and 5 TT days. I already have 2 TT days in (TTD RX8 "backup" car), and planning on 3 races and 2 more TT days at the next NASA-TX event with the MR2.

Edited by Guest

Missy,

Keep in mind that TT requires 5 event days before Nationals but you only have to have 3 races to run the PT race if you have the 5 TT events as well.

Why would you only do TTF instead of PTF AND TTF or not do PTF at all at Nationals?

..and

Midwest/GreatLakes events highly doubtful to have 5 entries in TTF! (just like very unlikely to get 5 entries in PTF)

... so I'm confused as to why you'd say 'back to TTF for me'

I will be running TTF as well for Great Lakes region.

Just finishing up all the de-modifications this week.

Goal is to run Nationals for TTF.

Great to hear TTF won't die!

We need more people to join in on the TTF fun!!!! Spread the word, get more people to spend less money and still have a ton of fun in TTF!!!!!!!

Because I have to kick Mike's butt! And Ive given up on ever catching your Mike. I like to eat Focuses for lunch!

lol.. but Mike plans to run both TTF and PTF at Nationals this year ...and from what Ken is saying, there is going to be an MR2 at Nationals that will be tough competition!!!!

I don't know how tough, I've seen some of the newer TTF/PTF times from last year... will be a tall order. Whoever wins will certainly deserve it though

I wont be in PTF. Not going to set the car up for it. Likely its last season.

Great to hear TTF won't die!

We need more people to join in on the TTF fun!!!! Spread the word, get more people to spend less money and still have a ton of fun in TTF!!!!!!!

Because I have to kick Mike's butt! And Ive given up on ever catching your Mike. I like to eat Focuses for lunch!

lol.. but Mike plans to run both TTF and PTF at Nationals this year ...and from what Ken is saying, there is going to be an MR2 at Nationals that will be tough competition!!!!

Good luck Missy Car is well sorted out now and no more overheating = full power on track.

Haha, just looking at Augusts results when I was in E. 1.2s faster down on power. Really looking forward to our battle. I think we're going to be well matched cars.

^ then I guess you 2 will be in TTF while Mike runs in PTF (provided the car is ready in time that is).. otherwise you MIGHT have some company in TTF at Putnam and/or Grattan but we won't be at the April Great Lake MidO event (going to Gateway instead that same weekend with NASA Central)

Well tell him to stay out of the way of Mike and I. We are probably gonna wreck and have a foot race to the finish line because I will not let a focus beat me!!!!

so anywho

anyone else going to join in on the fun?

Like you? Do you drive in TTF? Not sure who all is a TTF here or not. Pretty sure you are not.

I'm most concerned about being predictable (keeping your line, etc.) and see many TTers who still don't seem to know the line and it makes me wonder how they managed to get to that point

You're talking about line in w2w racing? Is there one for either TT or PT? Yeah. Can you always be on it in traffic or if setting up for passing? Nope. Welcome to motorsports.

You are correct.

My husband Mike is in the 95 G20 for TTF and I was on the sidelines watching last year. If we have 2 TTF/PTF cars this year, I might consider joining in for Nationals too because I seriously doubt I'll want to participate in the Nationals Spec Miata race.