TTF (and PTF) in 2012 At Nationals. Who is in?

CWeber

You are correct.

My husband Mike is in the 95 G20 for TTF and I was on the sidelines watching last year. If we have 2 TTF/PTF cars this year, I might consider joining in for Nationals too because I seriously doubt I'll want to participate in the Nationals Spec Miata race.

The competition will not be any lighter National or Regional TTF this year. Which is what I am looking forward to the most.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CWeber

• neon982004

• Smike

• kbrew8991

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nationals last year only had four people in TTF which was the minimum to allow it to run. This is why Chris is pushing so hard to get people to commit early this year, so it isn't a question at the last minute if TTF will have enough this year. Now, if we can get at least four people (would like to see at least 5) for PTF this year at nationals.

Nationals last year only had four people in TTF which was the minimum to allow it to run. This is why Chris is pushing so hard to get people to commit early this year, so it isn't a question at the last minute if TTF will have enough this year. Now, if we can get at least four people (would like to see at least 5) for PTF this year at nationals.

Lobbying for you then?

I will be running TTF.

5 would be GREAT so that there is contingency potential unlike last year where Mike got 1st place but couldn't get anything from Hoosier or Hawk with only 4 people running in class

We don't want the 'are we going' worry factor again this year!!

Just like last year, I already have my one-way ticket for Wednesday night bought and paid for (I don't get as much vacation as my hubby) so I'm already planning on spectating at this point but if he can't go due to lack of people signed up, I loose the non-refundable ticket and we can't compete unless we want to up-class (not really of interest to us).

So the goal of this thread is to get enough interest NOW for TTF (and PTF) so we can hopefully have 5 people in TTF AND PTF at Nationals this year!!!!!!

5 would be GREAT so that there is contingency potential unlike last year where Mike got 1st place but couldn't get anything from Hoosier or Hawk with only 4 people running in class

Not sponsored by either. Nor reason I race.

If you have a TTF abled car, are you going to be joining the pack? If not, just trying to pad field for husband?

Confused on why you are pushing so hard for more cars if not in TTF.

I'm honestly more likely to join the PTF pack at Nationals if we have 2 PTF/TTF cars and a way to get 2 cars to Ohio or Nationals because I most likely won't have the 5 required TT events but will easily meet the race requirement for Nationals.

In 2008 I did 1 TTF event though and did one TTF event in 2010 (nothing last year though) so I do sometimes participate in TTF as well. If I want to keep up my cycle, I'm due for one TTF event this year (haha).

I would seriously consider scrambling to run the required 5 TT days though if it was the difference of my hubby being able to run or not at Nationals (if there are only 3 instead of 4 cars registered is what I'm getting at). BUT I'd just rather just see him compete than participate myself as that is the current plan for Nationals 2012.

In summary, I am mainly 'cheering' for my husband at Nationals who runs TTF and hopefully he will also be able to run PTF this year (all dependent on getting our Sentra finished as a TTF/PTF vs. PTE/TTE car)

10 PTF cars signed up for the next TX event (with 2 additional expected to sign up soon). Will be trying to talk some of them into double-dipping at Nationals

• 1 month later...

Well, looks like we will be lucky if we have 1 functioning F car for Nationals (never mind the pipe dream of 2)

At one time I thought perhaps both of us could run in F (in very slow process of building 2 F cars) but both are still nowhere near done

On the positive side, I have 2 TT days under my belt and 2 w2w days so far for the 2012 season. We've been sharing my Spec Miata and split racing and TT between the 2 of us since we only have 1 functioning car right now between the 2 of us.

At this rate 2013 is looking like more of a goal which will probably translate to 2015 when NASA is back at MidO for Nationals (haha).

^ and here they keep telling us how the economy is improving

I hate having all the time in the world but not being able to do much of anything (been there too many times!)

economy is doing so well we're merging/buying out another company that isn't doing as well as we are, but with that comes some duplication and some younger dudes like me out on their butts for their trouble. Oil & Gas in Houston is doing well though so *fingers crossed*...

Im in for PTF for sure. Was gonna try and get TTF at the same time but with the Nationals price bump and perpetually breaking car, not looking good. I know Mike will be running TTF so theres a for sure entry into both!

So who's a definite in TTF, has anyone registered yet? I was looking for the entrant list but maybe it to early for that to be published.

Mike currently plans on double dipping and running PTF/TTF with 1 car (just not sure what that car will be yet... maybe a sentra, maybe a g20, maybe a miata but it's still a mystery) ..but that MAY end up turning into only TTF or PTF (again not sure)

We have a hotel booked and my 1-way non-refundable ticket to fly out wednesday night so I'll be support crew for whatever Mike shows up with!

So who's a definite in TTF, has anyone registered yet? I was looking for the entrant list but maybe it to early for that to be published.

Will that lemons Honda be back for PTF and/or TTF this year?

I'm really on the fence since the price increase, and because I'll be running Mid-Ohio for almost free 2 weeks prior (ITR Expo).

I'd like to take another shot at catching Mike but not sure NATS is in the cards this year. Is anyone else but Mike planning TTF?

Patrick

^ Mike with the SVT Focus is going to be signed up according to Missy's earlier post

I wonder if the RX7 driver from California will be back? I don't have his contact info to ask, do you? Walter Carlos was his name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nationals/Running_entrylist_2012.pdf

it just got updated yesterday and we have the 4 required entires for PTF and looks like need just one more for TTF (might just upsize to make it work at this point) but having 5 would be so much nicer to be able to get more contingency prizes!

Good thing is it is still early so there is time to get more entries out there!

congrats you guys.

Sad to say that I am officially out this year. Even if I was hired tomorrow the damage to the racing budget has been done. See you at Miller or whatever track it will be at in 2013

based on our own job and finance situation, this is it for us.. there will be no 'next year' at Miller unless something massively changes with the job situation and pay!