TTF (and PTF) in 2012 At Nationals. Who is in?

CWeber

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CWeber

• neon982004

• Smike

• kbrew8991

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not be making it to Nationals this year, I would have liked to take another shot at Mike but the fee increase really put me off.

To throw out my 2 cents on the G20 . After running with him at Nationals an getting within 1 second or so, for me that's well within the +/- driver skill range. To be that close only running 2 days at a track I've never been to before is telling. I'm sure I could have shaved more time off, although it would have been tough to threaten Mike. TTF is a soft class and if more people ran it we would probably see even faster drivers/cars IMO. So for me, the G20 wrong class argument would come close to making the same arguement for my car. I will say that even the automatic, full trim G20s have a pretty good terminal velocity > 120 mph.

Regardless of the legality of classes, the Neons frame rail is bent a good half an inch. Gonna try the back yard truck and tree method, but if that fails, Im out for Nats too.

• Members
I will not be making it to Nationals this year, I would have liked to take another shot at Mike but the fee increase really put me off.

That's too bad I think it would have been a good battle but I understand about the extra cost. I was planning to supersize to TTF later because I couldn't afford to sign up for both PTF and TTF back in May. It is not looking to promising for F this year, which means it might not be a national class next year.

I feel it's kinda silly to make a class that consists of $2-$3-$5-$6k cars spend $2-4k on ONE EVENT just to "keep their class".

- KB, one of 10-11 PTF cars in his region...

^ I guess it all depends on how you budget and what you buy but we sure as heck did not spend anywhere near that amount last year.

We probably spent $1000 in total when it was all said and done BUT we did have a 'free' hotel with hilton points which helps. We had used hoosier's along with some won hoosier's so the tire cost was down. The biggest expense last year was the entry fee itself for us anyway.

add in the cost of your freebies and I bet you exceed that $2k mark pretty quick.

add in 4 days worth of towing and it's not hard to break out of the upper bracket too.

^ Not really the case for us because we have no interest in 4 days of towing and have gone to MidO for just regional events since it is approximately a 6 hour tow one-way for us. If we didn't have the 'new' freebee tires, we would have simply shown up with more used Hoosier's that we purchase repeatedly for an average of $250 per set of 4. I have yet to buy a new set of shaved RA1s for my Spec Miata too because we are more budget racer's

...and the prospect of 4 days of towing is the largest reason why we never attended the Miller Park Nationals events...

great for you, but the point still stands - it's silly to ask a class to spend 25-50% of the cost of their cars on ONE event.

Actually, I think it is more about perspective along with personal budgets. I've seen people spend up to $7k for one lemons race which seems beyond excessive from my perspective on a somewhat disposable car but everyone has their own limits on what is fun and a realistic amount to spend on that 'fun' for one event.

That's too bad I think it would have been a good battle but I understand about the extra cost. I was planning to supersize to TTF later because I couldn't afford to sign up for both PTF and TTF back in May. It is not looking to promising for F this year, which means it might not be a national class next year.

It will truly be ashame to lose one of the more economical classes in TT, hope NASA will continue to keep it open (NATS) as long as we have enough people.

I will probably be moving to TTB by next year. TTF has been alot of fun but there are consistently more people in the higher classes plus TTB could possibly transition to HC1. Good luck to everyone going to NATs, I'll be there 2wks prior with ITR Expo trying to break Mike's record and will make TM logs available for bragging rights..

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, TTF doesn't seem to be happening for 2012 considering we are down to 1 registered person. The other California person: Orozco Patrick Camarillo CA toyota celica California- Southern Region

has dropped out now and only 1 person remains.

• 1 month later...

PTF did indeed have 5 entries this year (which was so much nicer than the 3 that ran last year) Hopefully you can have at least 5 in each run group next year so PTF/TTF stays alive for Nationals!

gluck to all attending next year! I just don't think it will be feasible for us financially at Miller though.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...