2012 Spec Z Rules

Jeremy C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anything been updated.

I need to start shopping for the required parts and build for the 2013 season.

thanks!

I am trying to shop the required parts and build for the 2012 season! Time is running out...

I'll ping Jeremy to see if we can't get those out this week.

What required parts are you concerned about? There will be no changes to the list in Appendix A.

thanks!

I am trying to shop the required parts and build for the 2012 season! Time is running out...

Are you not going to run ST2 anymore?

thanks!

Are you not going to run ST2 anymore?

No i will be running ST2. I am just working with another shop trying to develop a Spec Z car for Nats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
are brake ducts legal now?

As of Friday (4/20/12), no rules revisions have been released. Whether it's brake ducts or other requests, nobody knows at this point.

Any info on the new rules?

In the middle of building a spec Z and need to know if the clutch weights are going to be addressed due to the stated weights are heavier than stock. Also are we going to be allowed to run the shorter nissan upper control arm to get the 2.5 degrees of camber?

Looking forward to this year. Thanks

Yep! but "not recommended" for some reason

maybe running in the rain @ Mid-Ohio?

quote="obzezzed350"]Looks like heater core can be removed now

here are the primary changes....plz comment if I missed something..

deleted: If spacers are used they shall be no greater than 13mm and equal per axle.

added: Minimum vehicle weights (listed in pounds) are the result of research based on the weights of Spec Z legal race cars. Potential power – to – weight ratio largely determines the minimum weight for any given

vehicle. Other factors include brakes, torque, and wheelbase. Vehicle weights will be taken, as driven or

raced, post qualifying or race, with driver.

Note: Since this is a new series vehicle weights may be adjusted to equalize fairness in class. Notice

will be given no less than 10 days prior to an event.

added: The kits must be used in their entirety with exception of helper springs. The helper springs that come with the suspension

kit may be omitted during installation.

added: No wheel permitted for competition use can weigh less than eighteen point five (18.50) pounds with the exception of the Enkei RPF1 being specifically permitted for competition use

added: Any Model Nissan 350Z is eligible for competition in the Spec Z series. Any model 350Z may

compete as delivered from the factory. Additional components that were provided on the factory

Nismo version of the 350Z may be added to any other model of 350Z excluding engine components.

This includes brake components and exterior body panels.

added: Nissan Motorsports front brake cooling kit part # may be utilized

added: g) The air conditioning system may be removed. Modification or removal of the heater core and

blower fan assembly is permitted, but not recommended.

added: NISMO Hard Rubber Suspension Bushings

Part No Description Needed per car

54541-RRZ30 Front upper A arm bushing 4

54560-RRZ30 Front lower transverse link bushing 2

55045-RRZ30 Rear upper A arm bushing 4

55148-RRZ30 Rear radius rod (toe link) at hub bushing 2

55149-RRZ30 Rear radius rod (toe link) at body bushing 2

55152-RRZ30 Rear lower link (camber link) at hub bushing 2

55153-RRZ30 Rear lower link (camber link) at body bushing 2

55158-RRZ30 Rear lower control arm (spring arm) bushing 2

56218-RRZ30 Rear upper shock absorber bushing 2

MISSING DIFF COOLER

YOU

here are the primary changes....plz comment if I missed something..

deleted: If spacers are used they shall be no greater than 13mm and equal per axle.

added: Minimum vehicle weights (listed in pounds) are the result of research based on the weights of Spec Z legal race cars. Potential power – to – weight ratio largely determines the minimum weight for any given

vehicle. Other factors include brakes, torque, and wheelbase. Vehicle weights will be taken, as driven or

raced, post qualifying or race, with driver.

Note: Since this is a new series vehicle weights may be adjusted to equalize fairness in class. Notice

will be given no less than 10 days prior to an event.

added: The kits must be used in their entirety with exception of helper springs. The helper springs that come with the suspension

kit may be omitted during installation.

added: No wheel permitted for competition use can weigh less than eighteen point five (18.50) pounds with the exception of the Enkei RPF1 being specifically permitted for competition use

added: Any Model Nissan 350Z is eligible for competition in the Spec Z series. Any model 350Z may

compete as delivered from the factory. Additional components that were provided on the factory

Nismo version of the 350Z may be added to any other model of 350Z excluding engine components.

This includes brake components and exterior body panels.

added: Nissan Motorsports front brake cooling kit part # may be utilized

added: g) The air conditioning system may be removed. Modification or removal of the heater core and

blower fan assembly is permitted, but not recommended.

added: NISMO Hard Rubber Suspension Bushings

Part No Description Needed per car

54541-RRZ30 Front upper A arm bushing 4

54560-RRZ30 Front lower transverse link bushing 2

55045-RRZ30 Rear upper A arm bushing 4

55148-RRZ30 Rear radius rod (toe link) at hub bushing 2

55149-RRZ30 Rear radius rod (toe link) at body bushing 2

55152-RRZ30 Rear lower link (camber link) at hub bushing 2

55153-RRZ30 Rear lower link (camber link) at body bushing 2

55158-RRZ30 Rear lower control arm (spring arm) bushing 2

56218-RRZ30 Rear upper shock absorber bushing 2

good catch

13.2 Differential

a) Differential may be replaced with Nissan Motorsports unit, 38420-SS370. Refer to Appendix A for

recommended Nissan Part.

b) OEM final drive must be retained.

c) Differential cover may be replaced with Nissan Motorsports unit. Refer to Appendix A for

recommended Nissan Part.

d) Differential cooler may be added and utilized. Size and location is unrestricted.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which clutch to use? When I call spec clutch they pretty much laugh at me when I ask them if they have a single disc race clutch that weighs as much as the stock. Is there any possibility of allowing the shorter upper control arm to correct camber issues? I'd rather spend 200 bucks once on control arms than have several sets of tires chewed up because of poor wearing due to incorrect camber. Does anyone have an answer on running the factory brembo brakes or are we stuck with crappy slider calipers? I do have to ask, why do we have to retain the e-brakes and lever? with a seat mounted on the floor in happens to be in the way of the shifter. We arent drifting are we? LOL. Thanks.

[email protected]

www.velocitymotorsports.co