Welcome to the Spec Z area of the Forums

Jeremy C.

• National Staff

This area of the forums is devoted to the discussion of NASA's new Spec Z series.

We look forward to seeing many new "Z" racers on track with us soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • National Staff

Glad to see all the excitement folks!

Post up about those builds when you begin them!

• 2 weeks later...

My build is almost done, and I plan to compete at Thunderhill 4/15 weekend. Sways finally got shipped, diff going in this week, tires received, and waiting on some "potential rule changes" on the wheels, though I do have a set of 9/10s to satisfy the class requirements.

Cheers,

Scott

My build is almost done, and I plan to compete at Thunderhill 4/15 weekend. Sways finally got shipped, diff going in this week, tires received, and waiting on some "potential rule changes" on the wheels, though I do have a set of 9/10s to satisfy the class requirements.

Cheers,

Scott

Wheel weights will be lowered slightly.

KW suspension in the house, Wheels and tires ordered....

Removing all the PTB stuff, doing a little R&R, should start putting stuff back together late April, and the 1st Spec Z race in NASA-SE should be June @ Road Atlanta...

photobucket-4403-1332632114916.jpg

photobucket-4315-1332631439952.jpg

If NASA is hoping to attract new racers to the sport... I'm in! Been sitting on the sidelines with excuses for years but a SPEC class in my favorite affordable car pushed me over the edg.

Picked up an '03 yesterday but I'll spend most of this year working on the toughest part (the driver! ) while I build up the car.

Would love to get to know more 350z racers in the triangle area - a buddy of mine is building a car and is happy he finally talked me into getting onto he track and emptying my wallet . I'm concerned I'll wear him out over time with all my noob questions.

Anyone willing to share th load?

Removing all the PTB stuff, doing a little R&R, should start putting stuff back together late April, and the 1st Spec Z race in NASA-SE should be June @ Road Atlanta...

photobucket-4403-1332632114916.jpg

photobucket-4315-1332631439952.jpg

Nice! Check out those helper springs! ( )

• 1 month later...

Sweet I should be at road atlanta in june with a car as well!!!

305662_3887720551907_1245737227_3774569_812874867_n.jpg

What race group will the Spec Z's be running in? I hope its not the thunder group bc if so I will not be running in the Z. If its in another race group then we will bring the car and run it.

What race group will the Spec Z's be running in? I hope its not the thunder group bc if so I will not be running in the Z. If its in another race group then we will bring the car and run it.

They had me with the GTS1,2,3, Honda Ch2, Masters, Pro, PTD, PET, Semi-Pro, ST2, Super Unlimited, and ThunderRoadsters group a few weeks ago.

This will be the very 1 st NASA-SE Spec Z event...so no precedent has been set. However I assume that Spec Z will run in the Lightning Run Group. I will get with Jim Pantas/NASA head man and confirm this issue.

This will be the very 1 st NASA-SE Spec Z event...so no precedent has been set. However I assume that Spec Z will run in the Lightning Run Group. I will get with Jim Pantas/NASA head man and confirm this issue.

Keep Me Posted. If we dont run at the same time as ST2 I will bring my Z and run, and I may be able to talk Performance Motorsport to come down with there Z as well.

Excellent...I will make it happen

Even if you guys win all the money I will be happy to have that many cars for the 1st event!

Beer is on me Sat night (actually on Jim Pantas)

Hello...... Just wanted to say hey, my name is Kelly, I am the parts manager at Paul Walsh Nissan in Macon, Ga, We are building a Spec Z right now also, but if anybody needs anything parts wise i can get them or help you get them.

The owner of the dealership is a long time racer, and we run in SpecE30 now in NASA-SE, so we are looking foward to Spec Z taking off in the southeast

the direct line to parts dept (478) 784-6892, Open M-F 8:00am - 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am - 1:00pm

Thanks,

Kelly

paulwalsh800.jpg

• 1 month later...
If NASA is hoping to attract new racers to the sport... I'm in! Been sitting on the sidelines with excuses for years but a SPEC class in my favorite affordable car pushed me over the edg.

Picked up an '03 yesterday but I'll spend most of this year working on the toughest part (the driver! ) while I build up the car.

Would love to get to know more 350z racers in the triangle area - a buddy of mine is building a car and is happy he finally talked me into getting onto he track and emptying my wallet . I'm concerned I'll wear him out over time with all my noob questions.

Anyone willing to share th load?

I am building mine for the 2013 season -- be more than happy to share horror stories as the build progresses - Ill be going full bore on it @ August timeframe. Picked up an 03 for this very reason!!