Side Skirt replacment question

vbspec

very simple.... the rulebook says i have to ask

8.8 Body

a) Vehicle bodywork must remain stock except for the following:

1. Front (chin) spoilers/air dams/splitters may be used provided they are either bolted or riveted to

the vehicle (not taped). Front (chin) spoilers/air dams/splitters may not extend rearward more

than 1/2 (one half) inch past the front of the front wheel well opening. Front (chin) spoilers/air

dams/splitters shall not protrude beyond the overall outline of the body when viewed

perpendicular to the ground above the part. Canards or any other aerodynamic devices that

attach to the body are prohibited (except where allowed by the rules herein).

2. Any rear deck spoiler/wing that attaches to bodywork is allowed. Rear spoiler may not protrude

beyond the overall outline of the body when viewed perpendicular to the ground above the

part.

3. Rocker sill kits may be acceptable on a case-by-case basis. Consult with the NASA Honda

Challenge Series Director for approval.

So would the PCI side skirts be legal and if no, can i please have an explination of why not?

heres a link http://www.specialprojectsms.com/performance-parts/p1-spec-ground-effects/p1-spec-ss-eg-5.html

If you don't get an answer on this forum, maybe you would get an answer on Honda-Tech. I've got those sideskirts on my car, but I'm not racing in Honda Challenge (just went to TT), so I'd be interested in case I ever ran in HC. For TT, I might just go back to the stock sideskirts (sills) to save some points. - Jim

After talking this over with the other members of the HC Rules Committee (Spencer Anderson and Jeremy Croisset), we have all agreed that these will not be approved for use in HC competition. Also, please look for a Rules Addendum in the coming weeks in regards to side skirt replacement.

Regards,

Sam

Ok so if these are not legal why? And why are these not legal for H1? I just dont get this at all.... HC is very close to losing another racer... I see this as HC becoming H2 only and no one cares... Im really getting over this

has it been revised yet? i was looking to put stock EK skirts on my DA just for looks... my rockers are a little dinged up from the junk yards it traveled prior to me acquiring.

• 3 weeks later...
clarification on this will be in the next ruleset revision

just wondering if the next ruleset revsions/addendums has been released before a new month (April) of regional races begin.

it should be out. i'll hit up JC and see whats going on.

We are all waiting patiently for the reasoning behind the decision to not allow these side skirts...Thanks guys.

So it looks like for the events in California coming in the next two weeks (Thunderhill Apr 14-15 and Buttonwillow Apr 21-22) the P1 side skirts ARE legal in H2 and H1, since no update/addendum/revision has been made. yay!!!!!!!!!

the current rule states you must have gotten approval, on a case by case basis. If you have not gotten approval for your setup only stock is legal.

i cant see why not since other aero(air dams, splinters, wings and spoilers) are allowed in certain classes. why not develop the car a little more especially when it can add to the safety of the car on high speed tracks.

I think its because if it was legal then everyone would have to go to a local sheet metal shop and have some bent up and fabricate some mounting system and it just is not very cost effective. I think it is a waste of time. Especially since the proper way to utilize high down force side skirts is to have a full under tray and diffuser. Now if one wants to create a different look on the car, just get some ABS side skirts on ebay and try those. I have had a set on my car for 3 years and not once was I told they are illegal, they don't even function as an aero piece, just asthetic. I am sure your regional director would approve of these abs things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-00-Civic-Mugen-Side-Skirts-ABS-/390403419367?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACivic&hash=item5ae5db6ce7&vxp=mtr

I think its because if it was legal then everyone would have to go to a local sheet metal shop and have some bent up and fabricate some mounting system and it just is not very cost effective. I think it is a waste of time. Especially since the proper way to utilize high down force side skirts is to have a full under tray and diffuser. Now if one wants to create a different look on the car, just get some ABS side skirts on ebay and try those. I have had a set on my car for 3 years and not once was I told they are illegal, they don't even function as an aero piece, just asthetic. I am sure your regional director would approve of these abs things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-00-Civic-Mugen-Side-Skirts-ABS-/390403419367?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACivic&hash=item5ae5db6ce7&vxp=mtr

i know all about stretching the buck... ask anyone ive raced against so far and yeah thats kinda my point is for looks but i also dont think it would cost much to make a semi functional side skirt. I made my air dam and spoiler for less than $50 and could prob use the left over material for skirts. How functional? who knows but if u put stickers on the skirts i hear it adds like 10 jdm whp yo. lol

my turd with side skirts i could pimp all the track hos

042a.jpg

Just my opinion but since you don't have one, I think you would get much more bang for the buck out of adding a properly functioning splitter blade then some side skirts. Let me know if you need one I have made several splitter kits for local guys and shipping to AZ wont be that much.

Im suprised to see so much interest in this as it seemed to get shot down on H-T. Im looking forward to running these with my new Kognition wing and lowered spltter. I ran 2 weeks ago and had issue with my splitter and had to raise it back up and it made a big difference in the car and not a good one. New mounts are being designed right now.... Looking forward to HYPERFEST!!!! (I'm so going to get roled)

Just my opinion but since you don't have one, I think you would get much more bang for the buck out of adding a properly functioning splitter blade then some side skirts. Let me know if you need one I have made several splitter kits for local guys and shipping to AZ wont be that much.

ive got to save that splitter money to dyno to find out im over 150 then spend more to take power out of my car... lol. thats a poke at HP caps. cost effective tho poke poke. muahahahhaha

car is still in very much under development stage and skirts would cover the dented rockers as you can see in the photo. damn junk yard fork lifts lol.