Mounting a FIA approved seat in a 1996 Mustang

douglass

How can I mount a FIA approved seat into a 96 Ford Mustang using a Autopower 6 point bolt in cage and not using a seat back brace? I am not going race the car but use it in HPDE 3 and 4 events.

Why the question? Do you think you have to have one installed? You looking at a rule somewhere?

I forgot to mention that I use the car as a daily driver and would like a seat that would be somewhat comfortable to sit in. Once I put roll cage in the car it changes the safety requirements, and I have to comply with the same rules as if the car was going be raced. It is my understanding that I can use expired seats and belts though.

Why the question? Do you think you have to have one installed? You looking at a rule somewhere?

I forgot to mention that I use the car as a daily driver and would like a seat that would be somewhat comfortable to sit in. Once I put roll cage in the car it changes the safety requirements, and I have to comply with the same rules as if the car was going be raced. It is my understanding that I can use expired seats and belts though.

Expired seat; yes.

Expired belts; only if they're in perfect condition.

• 1 month later...