New to NASA and this Forum

Dirt Surfer

Just wanted to say hello to everybody, My name is Steve and I'am looking to try and run some events with you guys, (and girls?) I have been running in SCCA and have been encouraged by another racer to give you guys a try. I hope to make the race at Roebling Road in April so hopefully I'll see you there.

www.mazdaracers.com is the main SM website and there's a NASA regional section you can post there. You'll get more comments. Find out who your Series Director in your region is and introduce yourself (check the local NASA region website to find who it is). Welcome aboard!

Thanks Joel I'll check into that, honestly I thought that was a SSCA thing on that website I never noticed the NASA section but I'm glad you told me about it. I'm applying for my license now and am trying to decide if I should get my car teched here or at the track. I've been reading the rules and it looks like I need to add the center net and the weight numbers for the class and some decals. Can I get them at the track during the event? (decals). I'm looking forward to getting out there and mixing it up with you guys and having a great time.

You will need to order Mazda decals (won't have those at the track). At the track we'll have NASA and Toyo decals at the track. You can also bring it to a local NASA tech shop as they will have some of the stickers and save you time getting it done at a shop that can fix any issues versus doing it the day before a race at the track (your call though). Shoot me an email at joel dot karns at drivenasacentral dot com so I can add you to the list of local SM nasa racers.

• 1 month later...

Well its official I have everything completed for my license, woo hoo, now to enter my first NASA race I'm thinking the June Race at Road Atlanta seeing as how I have never been there to race so it should be interesting!!

I did my first ever race at Hallett many years ago - never driven a towed with a truck before, never driven a racecar, never raced, never driven that track. My nerves were so shot by the time I got there. Normally I would recommend racing at a track you are familiar with just so you know the layout and all the logistics having been there before. But, go for it as you only live once! I would recommend getting there earlier than you plan to relax. Get a good nights sleep that night before and hydrate. Good luck.

Thanks Joel, I ran a couple of parade laps during the Mitty a couple of years ago in a Chrysler Pacifica, not exactly the race car of choice but I had a great time none the less. Now I'm getting a steering wheel and pedal setup for my Forza 4 so I can practice with my virtual Miata, I dont have any vision of granduer about winning but have wanted to race on this track ever since I went there with a group of guys from the HSCRA. I have been looking at some SM videos from there on Utube which is how I prepared for my first race at CMP, it really helped as my first lap out was quicker than a couple of the cars qualified at. Hope to see you there.