TrackRat

Chump Car race at PBIR - 24hr race March 3-4

TrackRat

Sprint race? To short. Enduro? Nah. 24hrs of insanity in a crap can? Sign us up!

A group of us NASA TT/Race guys have put together a E30 Chump Car and have entered the 24hr race next weekend at PBIR! Track Rat Motorpsorts will be fielding a '86 BMW 325e with Myself, Josh Feingold, Vic Leo, Bob Van Epps and Carlos Mendez at the wheel. We tested at HMS this past weekend and the car ran great - what a blast. Of course we'll be sporting NASA decals on the car.

Anyone local should come on out and cheer us on. Green flag drops at 10AM Saturday and we'll race around the clock (with any luck) to Sunday morning.

If the car survives the race, we are thinking of running it in either GTS or TTF at HMS Mar 10-11. New TTF record anyone?

You can follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Track-Rat-Motorsports/128557697266204

Hope to see you at the track!

Shawn

wpbcobra

Good luck guys

condor

looking forward to it

TrackRat
Good luck guys

Thanks Carmine!

matt325

SWEEEET!!! Good luck guys.

obzezzed350

Going to be fun!! See you Friday!

TurboShortBus

Don't forget the 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (with the intercooler-mounted mailbox) at the same race that will be driven by Scott McKay, Joseph Anderson, Pat Wehmeyer, and some other guy I don't know. This will be this car's 4th crapcan race, with a best finish of 6th at Lemons South a couple of years ago.

Mark

obzezzed350

You coming down Marcos?

TurboShortBus
You coming down Marcos?

Not likely, as I need to keep making progress on the Mustang on weekends.

Mark

obzezzed350
You coming down Marcos?

Mark

Dont be a bum...ill get you a publix sub!

getfast

I think a wager between the two NASA FL teams is in order

And, have fun! I did their 24hr race at VIR last summer, what a blast... 3.3 mile full course after midnight in the pitch-black dark with 75+ other cars on track, often passing 30+ cars a lap (sometimes not on paved parts of the facility, oops) in a $500 Jetta VR6 that didn't have anywhere near enough headlights... good times

obzezzed350

Some of our SM guys are driving a miata too so its 3 teams!! I did one event, and while the crappy car I bought a seat in didnt last a freaking hour, I loved how 85% of the drivers were total rookies and were unpacking their safety gear from the fedex boxes it came in, made for a ton of fun scaring the hell out of them!!

Joshua
You coming down Marcos?

Mark

Dont be a bum...ill get you a publix sub!

@ Mark - I'll buy you one too, so that's 2 subs! How can you resist?

@Jon - I already made a bet with Scott for "the usual amount".

The Miata team is named "4 Half Men" LOL!

dew-e

This kind of racing looks more and more appealing as more experienced people get involved and it isn't a complete free-for-all with a bunch of people that have never been on track before. A buddy of mine did the Lemons 24hr last year at PBIR and they took 1st/2nd in class. Of course, their team had skip barber instructors, upcoming CTCC drivers, and some serious SM national talent... The running the back stretch completely open or putting the chicane in to keep speeds down?

obzezzed350
This kind of racing looks more and more appealing as more experienced people get involved and it isn't a complete free-for-all with a bunch of people that have never been on track before. A buddy of mine did the Lemons 24hr last year at PBIR and they took 1st/2nd in class. Of course, their team had skip barber instructors, upcoming CTCC drivers, and some serious SM national talent... The running the back stretch completely open or putting the chicane in to keep speeds down?

I doubt it, I ran the Sebring event and they ran the 12 hour course. I thought for sure 25% of the drivers would stuff it in turn 17....I dont think there was one wreck there all race.

dew-e

Could you even run the chicane on the back straight at Sebring anymore? It seems like that wall keeps moving farther and father towards the track to make room for the competitor paddock. I know I've seen maps where the panoz half course would sometimes have a kink/chicane there, but not sure if you could even do it anymore without moving barrier walls. Or is that what they would do when the would use that course?

Probably a better discussion for another thread, but could we get into the sebring short course next year for a NASA event?

ozal92

That's awesome! Good luck to all you guys. Keep us updated.

TrackRat
Don't forget the 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (with the intercooler-mounted mailbox) at the same race that will be driven by Scott McKay, Joseph Anderson, Pat Wehmeyer, and some other guy I don't know. This will be this car's 4th crapcan race, with a best finish of 6th at Lemons South a couple of years ago.

Mark

A Ford, in a 24 hr race? They just planning to hang out for a few hrs then head home? They weren't planning on finishing were they??

As long as our little Bimmer doesn't roll over from a complete lack of suspension , we should be OK:

428150_140532329402074_128557697266204_157754_2050494264_a.jpg

See everyone out there this weekend!

obzezzed350

How far off was the car at HMS last weekend from your Spec E30 times?

ozal92

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Not to threadjack. Joseph, can you pm me info on the upcomming Spec Z class (if you have info). I may have a buddy who might be interested in something like that. Thanks

TrackRat

Only about 5, Vic may have gotten it within 4 secs. We all ran within a second of each other. It was a blast, I think we were all surprised with it.

TurboShortBus

Mark

A Ford, in a 24 hr race? They just planning to hang out for a few hrs then head home? They weren't planning on finishing were they??

It's obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about! You can talk smack after your car runs a few crapcan races. So far, you're just a guy who has lost to a girl 4 times in a row. lol

Mark

TrackRat

It's obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about! You can talk smack after your car runs a few crapcan races.

Pick the right car and you don't have to worry. Pick the right team and you can have confidence.

So far, you're just a guy who has lost to a girl 4 times in a row. lol

Mark

Lost to a girl and passed by a 13 year old. If I actually had any pride, I might be offended by those comments...