TrackRat

Chump Car race at PBIR - 24hr race March 3-4

BlkGt3

It's obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about! You can talk smack after your car runs a few crapcan races.

Pick the right car and you don't have to worry. Pick the right team and you can have confidence.

So far, you're just a guy who has lost to a girl 4 times in a row. lol

Mark

Lost to a girl and passed by a 13 year old. If I actually had any pride, I might be offended by those comments...

Shawn

Sounds like you might be Team Cannon Fodder Racing material.

Peter

obzezzed350
Don't forget the 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (with the intercooler-mounted mailbox) at the same race that will be driven by Scott McKay, Joseph Anderson, Pat Wehmeyer, and some other guy I don't know. This will be this car's 4th crapcan race, with a best finish of 6th at Lemons South a couple of years ago.

Mark

A Ford, in a 24 hr race? They just planning to hang out for a few hrs then head home? They weren't planning on finishing were they??

As long as our little Bimmer doesn't roll over from a complete lack of suspension , we should be OK:

428150_140532329402074_128557697266204_157754_2050494264_a.jpg

See everyone out there this weekend!

As much as it pains me to say it, Ford did sweep DP at Daytona...Team Honeybadger is going to shake and bake!!

jason

A Ford, in a 24 hr race? They just planning to hang out for a few hrs then head home? They weren't planning on finishing were they??

If it's like our Thunder races in the SE, they won't even finish the pace lap before coasting to a stop on track.

Joshua

Just back home. Exhausted. Elated.

Team Track Rat Motorsports placed just off the podium - 4th in a 30+ car field. Saw many NASA competitors - Team 4 Half Men placed second and Pat driving the Thunderbird won a special trophy for his amazing driving skill - minimizing the carnage after brake failure.

As the first of many epic stories, our team survived their first Chump Car race in a car completed just one week earlier.

* Two drivers had never driven wheel to wheel before.

* After a minor incident bent our right strut and steering knuckle, the car became very difficult to turn right, not the best scenario at PBIR, a clockwise track.

* About 1/3 of the way into the event, we lost one of five cylinders, and drove the car that way for the rest of the event.

* The clutch was inconsistent throughout most of the race and was essentially gone by the end. I got real good at clutchless shifts!

Congratulations to all participants!

Edited by Guest

TurboShortBus

Great job, guys!

Mark

getfast

ozal92

Awesome!

Pictures please...

obzezzed350

It was a blast! I am glad your liked your first w2w experience Josh! I wish our bird held together better, we had a great team of consistent drivers. See you next weekend!

TrackRat

Kudoz to Pat for a great save when the brakes went out and some serious heads up driving. Could have been much worse!

I guess my hunch was right, they just wanted to run a few hours and get to drinking!

Joshua
The running the back stretch completely open or putting the chicane in to keep speeds down?

A chicane was added to "prevent you guys from blowing up your engines" according to the ChumpCar official who did the driver's meeting.

The top 3 finishers included 2 Miatas and a BMW 540. A third Miata was running up front for most of the race until a mechanical issue caused them to drop back in the standings.

dweymer

Hey guys,

It was great to see all the NASA drivers that came out to run with us! Congrats to 4 half's too!

I hope you got more sleep than I did, and fully expect to see all of you at Daytona and Sebring later this year.

Donnie

TrackRat
Hey guys,

It was great to see all the NASA drivers that came out to run with us! Congrats to 4 half's too!

I hope you got more sleep than I did, and fully expect to see all of you at Daytona and Sebring later this year.

Donnie

Donnie,

Thanks for all the help with Tech and putting on a great event!

TurboShortBus
A chicane was added to "prevent you guys from blowing up your engines" according to the ChumpCar official who did the driver's meeting.

Uh, Pat neglected to mention that when he called to tell me how his life flashed before his eyes when he backed it in at T10. He loses cool points...

Mark

obzezzed350

Uh, Pat neglected to mention that when he called to tell me how his life flashed before his eyes when he backed it in at T10. He loses cool points...

Mark

LOL...come on, how can you not fear for your life in the moments before you wreck a crap can?