How many more years till nationals goes back to MMP??

Red Tornado

I'd really like Circuit of the America's, but you better believe that one will be costly for the organizers!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robbodleimages

• kbrew8991

• miwifri

• speedengineer

costly for the organizers!

I think that quickly translates to "costly for US".

j

considering the cost of the entry fee for the nationals and the cost of a garage or paved parking, its already costly. if the track is more expensive and our friends at nasa were to reduce their percentage its possible that the cost might not be that much difference.

nasa were to reduce their percentage

Now that's just plain funny.

Seriously, though, I'm sure NASA has a fairly good feel for the market place and will find a way to charge "what ever the market will bare." Tracks are pretty much the same. Where ever we end up, it will be competitively priced.

j

ask jim sometime how much more daytona is than road atlanta and now much more road atlanta is than cmp.

I just want to respond to the comment that Heartland Park "sucks".

What part of it sucks?

The 23 acres of paved paddock?

The hugely fast turn 8-9 that rivals the Kink at Road America in entry speed?

The new garages?

The tech building that can hold 30 plus cars under roof with scales built in the floor and restrooms?

The elevation change? (anyone that says its flat hasn't been there or have a skewed sense of elevation change)

Should I go on?

Its a challenging track, more so than Road America, which I enjoy, but is nothing but Straight, 90, Straight, 90, etc. Sure, its got hills and Brats and history and many of us enjoy it, but bring a box of HP.

HPT isn't what hurt the Runoffs, that is far too simplistic. Many, many factors contributed to the current situation but the facility itself isn't it. Those that say so have a very thin perspective on racing.

BTW, how do you think the "history" was made at tracks like Road America or Road Atlanta or VIR? People like us raced there, did well and went on the bigger and better things in racing. This seems to be lost on far to many people...

Back on topic, I for one think Nats will move to NOLA. Bring on the French Quarter!

ask jim sometime how much more daytona is than road atlanta

I should have been clearer. I meant "Tracks are pretty much the same" in that they know the market and price themselves accordingly, not that all tracks cost the same.

NOLA could be fun, but I'm not sure the nights would do much to improve lap times.

At this point I'd just appreciate an announcement on where we are going. From what I hear we are going to have to wait until after Nats.

j

I just want to respond to the comment that Heartland Park "sucks".

Of course that's a perfect lead in to.....

Don't forget that NASA CR has an event at Heartland Park on October 20-21. Everyone can give it a shot and see what they personally think themselves. A month later in the year, but I think the weather will be awesome.