Rear Suspension Strut/Shock Towers

alexw

I have a 2000 focus. I am upgrading the suspension right now and am being asked by the coil over company what options I would like.

This is a stock rear end from the factory. Notice the spring inboard and the shock outboard.

All focus coilovers retain the spring inboard and the shock outboard. A normal coilover set would have a odd shaped and size spring which would be harder to get decent rates with. I have the option of moving the shock and the spring outward with a more typical coilover setup. I like this setup because I can change my spring rates more easily because of the standard size that would be used.

I am new to nasa because we just got a new region setup in Utah. My question would be are the mods in these pictures legal to do?

Keep in mind this is just for the rear. I know it will add points for the Shocks and Springs and the control arms. I also have the ability to keep my stock lower control arms. It also uses the stock mounting points also. It just gets rid of one of them(the old spring perch). According the the rules where would I sit with this type of modification?

What does everyone think?

Edited by Guest