How many are Veterans and Veterans of Foreign Wars?

I wanted to see just how many of us are Vets and/or Vets of Foreign War. I served in Army during the last years of Vietnam. I was in 2nd Division stationed in Korea receiving the Korean Defense Medal with qualified me to be a member of the VFW. I am a lifetime member of VFW Post 5255.

I would like for Vets and VFW to be recognized for their service. March is also time to recognize the VFW National Home for Children. It is amazing what they do for our service men and women's children during crisis and hard times.

Please show you support by visiting their website: https://www.vfwnationalhome.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=425 and signing up as a LifeTime member; it's only $35 and will go a long way. Please mention Post 5255 for those who choose to help with a small donation.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Falcon

• Varkwso

• retlaw

• Scott G.

not a member of the VFW ( long story ) but served on the USS NewPort News CA 148 .... in Viet Nam in '72

GMG-3

ca148_unk_b.jpg

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure what the requirements are to be a Vet or VFW. Pretty sure I don't qualify. Was in USAF for 6 years and was deployed for the Bosnia conflict. Was supposed to be on the first plane in but my position had been duplicated and someone else went. Never entered combat area.

USAF 1993-2000

No Hope Pope

Kuwait

Okinawa

Shreveport

Did lots of pointy-headed work. Electronic Warfare to the uninitiated.

Edited by Guest
  • Members
Darren D.

Navy 1986 - 2006

Retired Master Chief Admin Weenie.

The sharpest pencils in the fleet!

Not me, but my step dad jumped into Normandy on D Day. Part of the greatest generation. Still alive and kicking at 89.

We teach our kids to honor and respect those that serve or have served. On many occasions through the ATL airport we have gone up to service people and thanked them.

Thank you to all that serve or have served.

• Members

Was a Marine '82-88. Army '88-2005, the last several years of which was Guard/Reserve. Was an Infantry Plt Ldr for Iraq1, which altho seemed interesting at the time, wasn't really a wart on the behind of Korea, Vietnam or Iraq2/'Stan.

So I was always kind of curious....Veterans of Foreign Wars vs. what other kind of wars?

So I was always kind of curious....Veterans of Foreign Wars vs. what other kind of wars?

The War of Northern Aggression of course...

Just to pick a nit,

The way the question was posed, it was asked, "how many are veterans and Veterans of Foreign Wars," meaning the respondent replying "yes" would have to be both.

If the question were asked, how many are veterans or Veterans of Foreign Wars, then the respondents could be either, but not necessarily both.

So, I fit in just the veteran category: US Navy 1967-1971. Run Silent, Run Deep! Death From Below!

Edited by Guest

The War of Northern Aggression of course...

ding ding ding

And all of you Northerners thought the "Never Forget" slogan for 9/11 was new. Nope, it's embossed in the covers of our history books down here.

I fit in just the veteran category: US Navy 1967-1971. Run Silent, Run Deep! Death From Below!

The more I learn about you the more I understand you. You being a submariner makes perfect sense

I fit in just the veteran category: US Navy 1967-1971. Run Silent, Run Deep! Death From Below!

The more I learn about you the more I understand you. You being a submariner makes perfect sense

Yep! Sub service isn't for everyone.

Heck, because of where you live, you've probably seen a few, huh?

Heck, because of where you live, you've probably seen a few, huh?

Gays in the military? I'm sure of it

Yep, that's when I discovered I was a lesbian.