BMW differentials?

gpeluso

Hey bmw guys.... need your advice. I have a 1999 323i and wondering who you recommend for lsd diffs.....I know diffonline is a source and back in the day I had a blanton diff for my ITS e36 but I hear there are new games in town now. I also have been reading about wavetrack and it looks very interesting. I am very interested in your thoughts.

Thanks

Greg

I put an OS Giken in my E30 and loved it. Lots of clutches and supposedly takes a long time to wear one out (I sold the car a year after buying the diff, so can't provide any real experience on life expectancy.) Never driven on a diffsonline or any of the others, but I never liked the idea of them needing to be refreshed so often.

I've moved to a miata now and will put be putting an OS Giken in it as soon as money and timing is right. Favorite modification I've ever done to a car.

OS Giken all the way!!! OS gave me a LSD 2 years ago and I’ve never had an issue with it. This is probably one the best things you can do to get more out of your car, it puts the power to the ground. I highly recommend an OS LSD, PM or email me if you need more info. [email protected]

Here are some videos to show how awesome this LSD is - http://vimeo.com/user2470751/videos

• 1 month later...

Wavetracs have had problems causing axles to pop out

I would talk to VAC as they have experience with many different types of diffs, specifically for BMW applications