wpbcobra

Where to buy

wpbcobra

Hey guys i am looking to get a cool shirt system. Where is the best place to order the hole system for the best price . thank you

obzezzed350

Ron @ Discovery parts is good for that stuff!

TurboShortBus
Where is the best place to order the hole system for the best price .

You will want the system without holes.

Mark

wpbcobra
Where is the best place to order the hole system for the best price .

You will want the system without holes.

Mark

funny guy lol

wpbcobra

Do we get any discounts with OG or discovery parts

matt325

I bought the shirt but built my own cool box. I think around $80. I have all the part numbers. Most expensive part are the Quick Disconnects.

TurboShortBus

Say "Sparkle Pony" when you call Discovery Parts.

Mark

getfast

Card carrying NASA FL instructors can get up to 10-20% off at OG. Check with Luis for details.

wpbcobra

ordered from OG. great service and price

Now i will be able to stay cool in the car lol

TrackRat

We had one in the Chumpcar that Joshua let us use. Some folks on the team loved it. Couple of us pretty much kept it off. I found I got too cold with it on. Out of 2 hrs in the car, I think I used it 10-15 mins. Everyone is different and some guys kept it on the whole time.

Balroks

if your one of those that gets too cold get their thermostat, set it and forget it per driver.

obzezzed350

Wait til Sebring in June....its a necessity

dew-e

I've never found an absolute need for one. Of course, I do longer workouts out in the hot summer sun than I spend in individual driving sessions. If I was doing enduro's I could see the need for it, 20-25 minute sessions it is a good comfort thing, but I've never seen a need for the extra weight.

There was a thread on rennlist last year with guys in Virginia complaining about late summer/early Fall temps at VIR. I had to laugh as our temps in summer were easily 15 degrees warmer.

I bought the best driving suit I could afford and have DriFire undergarments to help with sweat evaporation. The quality of the driving suit is the biggest factor. I've found the drifire gear to be much better and cheaper than the sparco undergarments. Drifire is built for firefighters, industrial uses, and military after the original underarmor stuff was banned due to second skin burns. The lightweight t-shirts/underwear are great.

obzezzed350
I've never found an absolute need for one. Of course, I do longer workouts out in the hot summer sun than I spend in individual driving sessions. If I was doing enduro's I could see the need for it, 20-25 minute sessions it is a good comfort thing, but I've never seen a need for the extra weight.

There was a thread on rennlist last year with guys in Virginia complaining about late summer/early Fall temps at VIR. I had to laugh as our temps in summer were easily 15 degrees warmer.

I bought the best driving suit I could afford and have DriFire undergarments to help with sweat evaporation. The quality of the driving suit is the biggest factor. I've found the drifire gear to be much better and cheaper than the sparco undergarments. Drifire is built for firefighters, industrial uses, and military after the original underarmor stuff was banned due to second skin burns. The lightweight t-shirts/underwear are great.

Have you ever tried one? I had the same mentality until I got one as bday gift. Its hard to argue that it isnt worth the weight in our summer heat. Cool body and mind = more consistent laps and less mental fatigue.

getfast

Dunno, it gets pretty ridiculous... we've had more than a couple of VIR July events where it was over 100 with about 9000% humidity all three days of the event. Unpleasant

dew-e

The forecasted temps were in the high 80's, low 90's. This wasn't a true summer event. Seemed like those guys didn't want to run that far south in the summer.

I guess I should have said in DE/TT settings I've not seen it be an absolute need with really good gear. I was borrowing a friends old sparco racing suit when I first starting running in open passing groups and that thing was horrible even in 80 degree weather, it would have been necessary to use that racing suit with a cool suit in the summer time.

In racing where you can't just dip into the pits if you feel fatigue I could see the need changing even with good gear. I wasn't meaning to make a statement about how well these systems work, rather was saying how important your driving gear is to the entire equation.