You can almost hear crickets...

Red Tornado

i am not slighting your work, wil. i am sure you butt is much smaller from all the effort.

i hope you see my point of view. of course the AI rules are pretty open and there are all

kinds of things a guy could do to make a race car faster.

of course the AI rules are pretty open and there are all

That's the reason I love this class.

42lbs off, 118lbs to go.

of course the AI rules are pretty open and there are all

That's the reason I love this class.

42lbs off, 118lbs to go.

thats right. you can do all kinds of cool things to make your car faster. just dont use abs or we will give you a boat anchor to carry around. eh?

thats right. you can do all kinds of cool things to make your car faster. just dont use abs or we will give you a boat anchor to carry around. eh?

Not everyone needs training wheels, but for those who do, the option is there.

45lbs off, 115lbs to go.

that sounds like you are saying that you need a handicap in order to beat a car with training wheels.

i am sure you didnt mean it to sound that way.

that sounds like you are saying that you need a handicap in order to beat a car with training wheels.

i am sure you didnt mean it to sound that way.

I believe TJ was trying to say *real* drivers do not need driving aids to be fast- without hurting your feelings. I, on the other hand, don't care about your feelings.

that still begs why a "real" driver would need an hp bump handicap to beat a driver thats not "real"?

i guess i still dont get the boogie man. since this has again devolved into name calling, i will stop here.

Edited by Guest

Just for the record. I get credit for not getting involved

now that is funny I seen this a day ago turning into a abs bitch session and then I log in and see dave's name as the last post...........Thinking oooooohhhh shhhiiittttt this should be interesting........all I get is this ???

It's going to be interesting to see how well you AI guys on shitcrap tires mix it up with the FFR guys and the their new engine package..

It's going to be interesting to see how well you AI guys on shoo-shiddily-diddily tires mix it up with the FFR guys and the their new engine package..

Shouldn't you be over in the st forum ?

It's going to be interesting to see how well you AI guys on shoo-shiddily-diddily tires mix it up with the FFR guys and the their new engine package..

No....

I still prefer stirring up sheit on this one

Bruce,

WTF.....

Please don't encourage him!!!

First you try to punt me in practice, now this... I thought we were friends....

well...that would make for an interesting conversation. toyos are no disadvantage against hoosiers and so forth.
From running TT for two years we alway's ran faster on hoosier by far than toyo's but we never ran as many laps.That's why it's seems there is less advantage on the long runs.

I run TT the "wrong way," in that I run every lap possible in each session (rather than throw down 2 laps and call it quits, as I still like my track time). My quickest times typically come toward the end of each session, whether I'm on RA1s (as I used to be) or R6s (as I am), so I'm apparently not killing them with the track time. Switching from a 255/40-17 RA1 to a 255/35-18 R6 from one Sebring event to the next in 2010 resulted in a 2.7 second reduction in my best lap time, so there is definitely an advantage to the Hoosiers. Granted, the 255mm R6s were the "cheater" wide ones, but the actual width difference over the RA1s, even if you were to assume that they had the same compound, would not give 2.7 seconds. I didn't record any data, but I do recall my first set of 245/40-17 R6s a couple of years ago being quicker around Homestead than 255/40-17 RA1s, although not by anything as sizable as 2.7 seconds.

Pressure-wise, I and others found that the R6s like to be around 39-40 psi hot, while the RA1s liked to be about 6 psi less when hot. Treating R6s like RA1s when it came to tire pressure caused lap times to increase.

Given more time to tune and adjust with R6s, I am confident that greater reductions in lap times would be found.

Mark