Rear Diff / LSD options ???

bsytracklife

I blew my rear diff. last weekend at RA. first hot lap of sat. (was done for the weekend) 01 S2000.

After a lot of internet research, it appears an AP2 diff is stronger, but the same as an AP1, except larger bolts used in the flange connecting to the drive shaft. I assume the aP2 rear diff in an ap1 is HC legal?

What about a change in the LSD? All legal? And 1 - 1.5 - 2 way? what is everyone else using with success!

Final drive? Factory I believe is a 4.11, I think a 4.33 would probly be better for the ap1? lower would probably hurt and ap1. Ive driven a 4.77 and its too low.

Any Input would be appreciated.

I blew my rear diff. last weekend at RA. first hot lap of sat. (was done for the weekend) 01 S2000.

After a lot of internet research, it appears an AP2 diff is stronger, but the same as an AP1, except larger bolts used in the flange connecting to the drive shaft. I assume the aP2 rear diff in an ap1 is HC legal?

What about a change in the LSD? All legal? And 1 - 1.5 - 2 way? what is everyone else using with success!

Final drive? Factory I believe is a 4.11, I think a 4.33 would probly be better for the ap1? lower would probably hurt and ap1. Ive driven a 4.77 and its too low.

Any Input would be appreciated.

I would recommend a limited slip which is legal in H1. I switched to an OS Giken last year and I think it's great. It has a good reputation with other drivers also.

Come and race Honda Challenge at nationals.

Mike Fries

NASA NE

HC S2000