FS: Early Welt 28mm Swaybar

loftygoals

I picked up a brand new early front Welt bar because they have been hard to come by. When I called Welt about availability, they said they only had 2 coming for the foreseeable future. I took one and I believe Paragon took the other. I just wanted to make sure at least one was available to the Spec crowd. I'll sell it at my cost plus shipping if it is going on a Spec car.

-bj

So given the scarcity for the preferred* swaybar for the series, are we looking at alternatives - maybe finding someone who can make a "944Spec standard adjustable swaybar" for a reasonable* cost.

The * are really to denote that I know there are definitions for these words and that they mean different things to each reader - But I'd suspect that the bulk of the cars that have been built out there are running the Welt bar as a compromise between cost and performance, and I believe it the cheapest adjustable bar out there for our cars.

If we could find some way to use stock swaybar components (for example from the Coleman Racing catalog)http://www.colemanracing.com/Chassis-Suspension-C14.aspx. I know we have Engineers and Fabricators in our series - Is it time to develop our own equipment ?

(Just thinking out loud here - and I remember how hard I had to search for some components for the early Welt bar)

We might be able to work a deal with Tarrett. I just sold a Tarrett bar for about the same money as a Welt. Those bars are things of beauty! They will work with early/924S now, too. The nice thing with the Tarrett on an early car is that you don't have to drill the control arms.

-bj

We might be able to work a deal with Tarrett. I just sold a Tarrett bar for about the same money as a Welt. Those bars are things of beauty! They will work with early/924S now, too. The nice thing with the Tarrett on an early car is that you don't have to drill the control arms.

-bj

Ira Ramin of Tarrett is a really great guy to deal with. He's expressed some interest in sponsorship, too. Maybe time to give him another call!

Ira Ramin of Tarrett is a really great guy to deal with. He's expressed some interest in sponsorship, too. Maybe time to give him another call!

I agree, Ira is a great guy. This sway bar was the first purchase I have made from Tarrett. They treated me like I was their biggest customer.

And their products are great! These sway bars are almost to pretty to put on a race car...almost.

-bj

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend that we shut down the nasa 944 section with a redirect link to the 944 spec forums like the CMC section has it set up. This is so that we dont have two threads going of the same subject and consolidates information sources. I think it would also make it easier for interested parties to get better information in a timely manner.

Yes, it may be time to do that.

This had traditionally been a very active forum, and there is a lot of good information in the archives, but the migration has definitely been moving over to the Spec forums in recent years.

downside is someone who may not be in the series yet, but could be in the future, doesn't really see what's going on with the series to get excited about it.