TTD E36 BMW Newb Points Question/s

Trackseries

Firt off let me say how excited i am to finally get off the hpde bandwagon and onto some kind of competitive driving. So I've been reading, reading, and reading about all the points system and believe I have come up with a points conclusion. I can't get definite answers from anyone else so I thought I'd bring it here, being this is the NASA forum. I'm in the middle of building a 1998 BMW 328is. I've talked to many guys that ran time trials and they have convinced me to fun in TTD. if someone could look over my game plan to point me in the right direction with points it would be greatly appreciated. My base class is TTF**

+14 **

+?? Double adjustable coilovers

+2. Springs

+10. Hankook Z214 (C51).

+1. Tire width (from 215 to 225) (I was told you have to go off stock tire width, not class)

+1 Mechanical fan delete

+3. Intake manifold

+2. Exhaust

+3. Added LSD

Most of the remainder of my points will be for weight.

The biggest question I have is what is the points for my coilovers, is it 3? 7? They are double adjustable, comp and rebound separately. they are ground control racing coilovers. Also I wanted to check the tire size.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

compression and rebound is two ranges of adjustment

low speed, high speed compression and rebound is three ranges

etc.

So long as they don't get dinged for shaft size or anything else that's listed they sound like +3s to me

And it's not stock size per say, but where your car is listed at. Your car is listed in TTF, so points for tire stuff is based of of TTF's 215s though which you seem to be on track about

Yeah, unfortunately since the name changed from 325 to 328 you can't use the update/backdate rule even though both the 325 and 328 are in TTF. But the two points is probably worth it if you combine that mod with tuning to really take advantage of the OBDI intake manifold.

I'd ballast the car up to keep it in TTE. Make sure to take advantage of the free point mods, bushings/flywheel/tuning. If you go into TTD you are going to need to make more horsepower to keep up with M3's and turbo miatas. Not to mention you will be at a tire deficit or spending points for wider tires that your competitors don't need to spend points on.

(I was told you have to go off stock tire width, not class)
If I am understanding you correctly, then you should probably stop asking that person for TT advice.

Per item A6 of the 2012 TTA-TTF classification forms:

The following tire sizes will be used as the base tire size for each Base Class for all vehicles regardless of their OEM tire

size(s) or their Final Competition Class. All vehicles in a given base class may use this tire size (or smaller) without a

points assessment:

TTA: 295 mm, TTB: 265mm, TTC: 255mm, TTD: 245mm, TTE: 235mm, TTF: 215mm, TTG: 195mm, TTH: 175mm

Mark

It is tough to go up 2 classes and be competitive. .

Peter

In his case not so much. He has TTF** wich means ONLY a base car would ever run in F on street tires.

Any option check boxes could easily throw it into E and any good 225 tire gets him half way into E

It is tough to go up 2 classes and be competitive. .

Peter

disagree, depends on the car and modification selection just like competing in your base class, or one class up, or....