bigbird4120

AMP progress

bigbird4120

Just saw a new AMP video by David Murry on AMP's Facebook page.

Video linky:

FB link: https://www.facebook.com/atlantamotorsportspark There's lots of still photos there as well. Don't know if you have to have an account to see the link.

Track 'soft' opening date as per Murry on the video is April 15th. I now have four free track days.

Can't wait for October!

08Bullitt0572

Hmmmm....still looks like a lot of work to be done. I should probably not get my hopes up for May 18 with HOD.

robbodleimages

is it me or is there not a lot of hard stuff to hit on the track if you go off?

SNAKBITN

I thought the same thing and the track doesn't look very wide either.

Robert

jimbow

In most places it is at least three car widths wide.

There are places where three cars would be tight and other places where its almost four wide.

kbrew8991

3 car widths as in parked, or room for 3 cars to go through there at speed side by side? (the second one is a bit wider, heh)

jimbow
3 car widths as in parked, or room for 3 cars to go through there at speed side by side? (the second one is a bit wider, heh)

Well if the BMW club is any indication (I'm sure they left a Lllllooottttt of room between cars when they parked) on the straights you can easily go three wide in a race. four wide someone is dropping a wheel. They parked three wide and there was asphalt on the left and right of each row.

robbodleimages

i see a lot of "be careful" in that video. the end of the front straight for instance. it will be

interesting to see how it shakes out.

Scott G.

How much trouble are we going to have with the 98dB noise limit? I've no idea how loud a SpecE30 is, but some of the cars in non-spec classes are loud as heck.

A couple yrs ago some car passed me in the race and he was so loud it felt like daggers in my ears. I went and found him after the race and told him so. He seemed to think it was some kind of complement.

Red Tornado

98db is very very low as RRR is 103db.

My car is stock headers but no cats so shall see,.

Rednels
How much trouble are we going to have with the 98dB noise limit? I've no idea how loud a SpecE30 is, but some of the cars in non-spec classes are loud as heck.

A couple yrs ago some car passed me in the race and he was so loud it felt like daggers in my ears. I went and found him after the race and told him so. He seemed to think it was some kind of complement.

I can't believe you went and complained to someone that their race car was too loud.

Scott G.

I can't believe you went and complained to someone that their race car was too loud.

I have a delicate constitution.

Stick daggers in your ears then lets see how dismissive you are.

kbrew8991

some loudness is just plain going to happen. Excessive is still excessive though, put a $&%# muffler on the car

n80

I've always been curious about that. How much more performance do you get out of ear bleeding loud verse plain old annoyingly loud?

I also wondered why NASCAR needed to be so loud. Ditch the restrictor plates and make them run mufflers.

robbodleimages

restrictor plate sucks 40% or more off a cup motor. its policed far easier than a muffler could be.

i am told that i can pick up far more hp with my motor by mounting long tube headers than by removing the mufflers. last year's mustang ran sans mufflers at 103db. i ran best time of 1:37.5 at december road atlanta. in march with the new car and the same drivetrain package ran 1:37.4 with mufflers. so.....

StraightSix
I've always been curious about that. How much more performance do you get out of ear bleeding loud verse plain old annoyingly loud?

I also wondered why NASCAR needed to be so loud. Ditch the restrictor plates and make them run mufflers.

I think someone actually did some testing with and without mufflers and found that a well designed muffler didn't impact performance much, if at all. In Smokey Yunick's book The Best Damn Garage in Town he wondered the same thing about NASCAR and mufflers.

Drumrboy

Even if you picked up HP with mufflers on a Sprint Cup car NASCAR would still run without mufflers, its part of the show

08Bullitt0572

I got an email from Hooked on Driving that said AMP is officially opening this week. I am signed up for their track day on May 18 - can't wait!

jimbow
I got an email from Hooked on Driving that said AMP is officially opening this week. I am signed up for their track day on May 18 - can't wait!

I'm heading out there the weekend before with Tracks Unlimited.

Yea its Mothers Day weekend, but so what?????

ctbimmer

Chin's event 4/28-4/29 was canceled due to the facility not being ready (track surface and paddock in particular). I was looking forward to instructing and seeing if the SpecE30 exhaust fits under their noise limit. Pity.

Z06cool
Chin's event 4/28-4/29 was canceled due to the facility not being ready (track surface and paddock in particular). I was looking forward to instructing and seeing if the SpecE30 exhaust fits under their noise limit. Pity.

Ditto..I was going to be there...

jimbow

Come out to the Tracks Unlimited event instead then

08Bullitt0572

I'm heading out there the weekend before with Tracks Unlimited.

Yea its Mothers Day weekend, but so what?????

I think Mom would want you to be happy. They are used to getting screwed over by their kids

08Bullitt0572

Come out to the Tracks Unlimited event instead then

If it's ready. I am starting to worry now too. I imagine that they are under a lot of pressure to get the thing open.