bigbird4120

AMP progress

Simon Tibbett

NASA should do a "if you're too loud you get a refund" deal.

Jim P.

I wish we could but the problem with refunds is the credit card companies eat up $50 in fees when we refund an entry. We have been using a sound meter at the past few events and post the cars that are too loud. I have posted a link to the sheets that we posted at the event. There are also phone Apps as well if anyone wants to test their car themselves. 98db is a muffled car, so if your car has an open exhaust or a fairly loud exhaust then you can be assured that you will not pass the sound test at AMP. I added a quiet muffler to my Thunder Roadster and it is actually faster now.

We are considering a special promotion for all who attend the inaugural NASA event at AMP - stay tuned!

Jazzy

Jim, where is the linked posted?

Thanks,

jymontoya

I wish we could but the problem with refunds is the credit card companies eat up $50 in fees when we refund an entry. We have been using a sound meter at the past few events and post the cars that are too loud. I have posted a link to the sheets that we posted at the event. There are also phone Apps as well if anyone wants to test their car themselves. 98db is a muffled car, so if your car has an open exhaust or a fairly loud exhaust then you can be assured that you will not pass the sound test at AMP. I added a quiet muffler to my Thunder Roadster and it is actually faster now.

We are considering a special promotion for all who attend the inaugural NASA event at AMP - stay tuned!

So... You could do a refund -$50 fee, deal. Partial refund.

Sound is not currently a problem to me, even with the Longtubes and Off road H pipe. I guess the Bullitt mufflers do a good enough job of quieting it down.

The real concern is whether they have paved the parking area yet?!?!?!?!

bob-e

please say pony rides!

Karl

you want to ride the sparkle pony?

retlaw
98db is a muffled car, so if your car has an open exhaust or a fairly loud exhaust then you can be assured that you will not pass the sound test at AMP. I added a quiet muffler to my Thunder Roadster and it is actually faster now.

Jim, my CRX has the cat and a resonator then a "straight" pipe .... never come close to busting sound anywhere ( avg ~ 91 db ) BUT it does have a turn down at the rear axle area .... according to the "rules" posted by the AMP folk that alone would get me booted regardless of what the meter said .... is this for sure ?

bob-e

ew

kbrew8991

at this point who hasn't?

Red Tornado

So I read two to three over what is the solution?

08Bullitt0572

I don't mean to sound like a wise arse, but I think the solution is pretty much make sure you comply with the sound limits or don't register.

JohnPutnam

Jason Plante (Balanced Performance) has a shop at AMP and sells & installs exhaust silencers.

Jim P.

Jason Plante (Balanced Performance) has a shop at AMP and sells & installs exhaust silencers.

That is correct, you can install quieter mufflers before you come to AMP or Jason can help you out when you get there.

Red Tornado

Any adverse impact? I run mufflers in back currently so would likely just do these silencers. Is it just old school add exhaust tip (screw on tight to my tube) and its baffled?

Drumrboy

Three sets of baffles welded to a central tube.....comes in several common exhaust diameters..... slid (or sometimes pounded in if the pipes aren't round) and pinned via set screw. They work really well and are easy as pie to install IF your exhaust is still round

jimbow

Do I need to bring my exhaust pipe expander?????

It worked great on my sortta D shaped exhaust when I first put the headers on and wanted to hook it up for the ride to the exhaust shop.

Resaca Rattlesnake

I went to AMP this past wkend. I have a 2012 boss302 with baffles removed and had no problems, well at least with the sound. They do have the baffles there, only saw one person have to get them. $50 to rent or $75 to buy them and they have to drill a whole in the muffler. Very technical track. No place to relax, or at least in my car you couldnt. I found myself working the wheel almost the whole lap even on the only straightaway. Coming on to the straight if i was on it i was drifting so far out by the time i got it lined up it was time to start braking for turn one. A yellow Z lost it there and hit the gaurd rail and totalled his car. You almost feel out of control the whole lap, I will go back but for that area i prefer road atlanta where your able to open it up more

robbodleimages

i see carnage in the racing on that track, but who knows.

Resaca Rattlesnake

youtube.com/watch?v=hHP6RZrY7M&feature=plcp dont think i no what im doing here!