Best kept secret anywhere!

Reggie Simmons

As Porsche GT3 driver John Crosby said yesterday, "I've driven every track in the country, and NOLA (New Orleans) is the best there is!" He should know; he's one of the "best there is".

The track is in multiple configurations from time to time: first, we ran the 1.9 mile course in January and February. Now we are running the 2.75 mile course. And that doesn't include the longest configuration which extends the front straight by another 1/4 mile! I'm already hitting 5th gear on the shorter straight, and am really enjoying the extra bit of speed. Eventually, maybe next year, the South track will add another 2+ miles, making this a 5+ mile track-the longest in North America! Preliminary work has begun on it already.

There are plenty of turns, 16, some of them high-speed turns which need finesse, and a couple of low-speed turns. The track surface is smooth and fast. The tires come off looking very smooth, not marbled or chunked. It will be a great winter track, as the temps there are significantly milder than those north of Lake Ponchartrain.

Here's a short video of my first weekend of racing in my "new to me" spec miata. I haven't got the track completely figured out, but hope to soon. I hope you enjoy this.

We would more than WELCOME our Texan friends at this great track!