NASA Nationals 2012 registration is now open. Save $400!

JSG1901

• Members

Scott, you have any contacts over at National? I registered but forgot to enter the $400 coupon code. Now I cant get anyone to respond to my calls or emails.

I emailed Will Faules, Facebook messaged him, called Dave Ho, called national office and left message and havent gotten any emails or calls back from them regarding it. Been 4 days now.

Only thing I got was a totally separate email from Will saying he made a mistake overbooking the center garages.

I'd like to get this resolved but kinda annoying when no one returns your correspondence.

-Eric Wong

Scott, you have any contacts over at National? I registered but forgot to enter the $400 coupon code. Now I cant get anyone to respond to my calls or emails.

I emailed Will Faules, Facebook messaged him, called Dave Ho, called national office and left message and havent gotten any emails or calls back from them regarding it. Been 4 days now.

Only thing I got was a totally separate email from Will saying he made a mistake overbooking the center garages.

I'd like to get this resolved but kinda annoying when no one returns your correspondence.

-Eric Wong

Eric,

I'll see what I can do.

In prior years, it has been billed immediately.

Also, I've had them credit any difference back to my card. In my case, I was supersized into PT and then Hasport stepped in an offered a $200 coupon code for any Honda running in HC to supersize, so they credited my account the $200 after contacting them. I'm sure they'll do the same here.

• Members
In prior years, it has been billed immediately.

Also, I've had them credit any difference back to my card. In my case, I was supersized into PT and then Hasport stepped in an offered a $200 coupon code for any Honda running in HC to supersize, so they credited my account the $200 after contacting them. I'm sure they'll do the same here.

They just credited me the $400 minus a $40 "processing fee" since it was my mistake and the coupon codes are clearly visible

This after I emailed and called them right away after the error. I didnt get any response back until today saying they were doing the credit. I was hoping to be given the chance maybe to take "store credit" in which case no one is out anything, and even better, they get to hold my $! Oh well.

Not to mention they also have to credit me for their overbooking of the center garages. ,,, Kinda pissed, and being a huge NASA fanboy, I'd hate filing disputes w/ CC companies, but I dunno what to do. $40 aint much, but Im one of those "principles" people.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a min number of races I must complete before competing in nationals? If so, how many and do they have to be in the same season?

Is there a min number of races I must complete before competing in nationals? If so, how many and do they have to be in the same season?

You must compete in at least 5 races or Time Trials to qualify for Nationals. They must all be in the 2012 season. You do not have to register at Nationals in the same class (or classes) in which you qualified (although, of course, you may).

For a race class, only 1 of the 5 can be a TT event.

And for the 5, you only have to "start" (take the green flag). You don't have to complete the race, and a DQ will still count.

2 of the 5 being TT has been fine since '06 - and I've seen this in TX as one of the TT directors - since our race groups have 3-4 races per weekend from time to time a racer would run two "days" worth of TT and their normal race group's races to get qualified for Nationals all in one NASA-TX event weekend.

and to run TT you need 5 TT days, races don't count towards the total.

Edited by Guest

no worries, didn't want someone to miss out on getting into Nationals when they could use an extra TT day to make the numbers work for them. Nationals is a great event, and a great experience - it's a "must-do" I feel

I would contend that since the TT portion of the Harris Hill event will be indentical in all important aspects to any of the other NASA-TX region TT events except for it being non-points soley due to sound restrictions that it would count towards Nationals participation. But I'd check with the proper powers-that-be to make sure.

edit - I have Will Faules (Event Director) checking into things for an official ruling. Will report back when I know

Edited by Guest

and to run TT you need 5 TT days, races don't count towards the total.

Just wondering the reasoning for this? Why dont any races count towards TT but some TT counts toward races??

Greg wants it that way, so that there are only people in the TT group that are more familiar with what's expected of each driver and so on. At least that's what I've read / what I recall seeing off the top of my head. The sessions do run alot differently than your typical race qualifying and such fwiw.

There are some more detailed threads & responses from Natl & Greg about it out there if you were really curious about it

AFAIK, TT does NOT count towards races. If I want to run in PT, I have to run PT events. I just cant sign up for PT (with a comp license) having only run TT events.

read the supps, you can use some TT events to get to the magic 5 number for racing and it has counted since 2006 and hasn't changed yet. You also do need *some* races as well.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nationals/RegsChamps2012.pdf

5. Eligibility

The requirements set forth below must be met in their entirety.

1) Race class competitors must start and score points in five (5) races in a nationally recognized series. Any number of races in any class and any region will qualify as credit. Participation in Time Trial will be limited to a maximum of 2 credits towards race class qualification. Endurance events less than 6 hours will count as 1 race credit for the team. Endurance events more than 6 hours will count

as 2 race credits for both the drivers of the team.

4) Time Trial competitors must meet qualification requirements in 2012 TT rules.

so we look here:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/time_trial_rules.pdf

and see

15.1 General Info & Driver Eligibility

(snip)

In order to be eligible to compete in the NASA Championships a TT competitor must

score points in five regional TT events, in any region, in any TT class, on at least four (4)

different event days, prior to the registration deadline for the Championships

Yes, some.. but not all. You still need to compete in either to run nationals in either. One doesnt supersede

Do "no point" TT count? For example I have done three races at MSR and say I did two TT at HHR in the summer?

we're working on a couple different solutions to make sure that event will count towards Nationals participation (really we're just deciding which is the best option out of them), so sign up if you need the TT starts

edit - fully confirmed, see details here:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57077