Firebird Raceway Races

jmeris

How was the race weekend at Firebird? How big was the field? Who won? Any videos? I hear there was a little more body contact than usual...

Being a rookie, that excitement of racing still running through my veins, and being able to start/finish the event Id have to say it was an excellent weekend for me.

There were a few incidences but its "Racing". All of us own and race our own cars and not competing for any kind of contract or super duper reward so anything that happened definitely was NOT intentional.

This was my second event at night but first Night Race and wow!!! That was AWEOME!!! I had to use flashing billboard sign a half mile away as reference points(lighting on my car and pitted windshield didnt help lol). Really amazing!!

I think 9 for the first race and 7 for the 2 race. Were suppose to be 11 but 2 cars weren't able to get finished in time for the event.

I wish I had my GoPros on and recording but that wasnt a top priority.

Is there a site where we can go to see the current point standings for the HC AZ region?

http://www.nasaaz.com/results/race-results/race-group-results/

With drops and after saturday results are posted Eric will be in first and Leland will be in second. We have had 8 points races so far and we have 10 or 11 left.

Eric Dayton won at West (B20 Integra) and Ryan Denton from team SRD (Civic Si) won at Main.

It was a great event! Two practices, two qualifing (one was a qualifing race) and two points races on two different tracks. It makes for a long day but it is woth it. I love racing at night. I had minimal lighting from my car, but a new windshield, good track lighting and excellent night vision make it easy to see. Contact is very frustrating.

I heard a PTE car on street tires running in H2 did something-something at West...

Yes this guy (SIMON) killed it on west on a set of hankook RS-3.. (i think these are super sticky for a street tire) but he was on fire, I do believe it is his favorite track.

However Simon your best lap was a 1.07:803. I did best your lap with a 1.07:781 in the race beating your #1 qualifying time of 1.07:790

You were killing it man.

I was wondering what my best lap was in the race! Not too shabby. I've done better on 205 RA-1s and R888s but only by tenths. I'm sure my last 2-3 laps were HIGH 1:08s because they sure felt like it lol.

Your fast lap was lap 4. Your times for the last few laps were 1.08:742, 1.08:875, and 1.08:994.

On the second to last lap is where i really caught you, i made up a whole second on that lap with my fastest lap being lap 12... I was saying out loud "here kitty kitty kitty"

• Members

I have been time trialing with NASA for the past 4 years and finally made the jump to race group. WOW...sooo much fun. Definitely made the last 60 days building the car, and thousands of dollars I spent to do so, worth it. Looking forward to our next race. With my first race under my belt I won't be so timid for the first 2 laps on this next one.

angry green machine says hey you girls... get your opinions in on a nasaaz hc gathering before the next race. bitccchesss(in hang over Chinese guy voice)