$599 for Nationals this year if we register BY May 31?!

jmeris

I guess it's an extra $100 (used to be $499, now $599) to register for nationals this year? (even if we register by May 31st)

Will we be getting more track time this year than we have in the past?

I guess it's an extra $100 (used to be $499, now $599) to register for nationals this year? (even if we register by May 31st)

Right now on the registration page the price is $999. I hope it is just a place holder while they get the registration programming set up.

Right now on the registration page the price is $999. I hope it is just a place holder while they get the registration programming set up.

There are coupon codes you enter that reduce the cost.

There are coupon codes you enter that reduce the cost.

There must be coupon codes for the regional events also.

just to confirm. early entry is $599? if thats the case, that combined with the increase in diesel punches my ticket for this year.

just to confirm. early entry is $599? if thats the case, that combined with the increase in diesel punches my ticket for this year.

Yes EARLY REGISTRATION costs $599

• Members

Dammit, I goofed and forgot to enter the coupon code. I was so used to the past where the price was fixed. The cryptic codes didnt help either.

Now Im trying to get a hold of National to fix... sigh.

Dont forget to enter the coupon code!

• Members
That's a shame. I won't be going unless something changes

Think of it this way, it's cheaper if youre a procrastinator, lol.

Dammit, I goofed and forgot to enter the coupon code. I was so used to the past where the price was fixed. The cryptic codes didnt help either.

Now Im trying to get a hold of National to fix... sigh.

Dont forget to enter the coupon code!

Dang, you didn't notice when your checkout was over $2200.00 with your Garage Must be hung over from that long drive home !

-Scott B.

At the end of the day, $600 for 4 days of racing is a pretty good deal. My only issue is for those (like me) that just can't say 100% several months in advance that they can attend so they can take advantage of the discounts.

What's the refund policy?

Well I am in for supersize and garage. Oh by the way how are the center garages already filled!! That is nuts each year.

At the end of the day, $600 for 4 days of racing is a pretty good deal. My only issue is for those (like me) that just can't say 100% several months in advance that they can attend so they can take advantage of the discounts.

4 days of racing for $600?? For which class?? Certainly not my class. Group C (Honda Challenge) gets warm-up, quaifying, and qualifying race 1 on Thursday, then warm-up, quaifying, and qualifying race 2 on Friday, then warm-up, and the Championship race on either Saturday OR Sunday: making it 3 days of racing. I thought all classes/Groups followed this format?

Testing (Tuesday or Wednesday) prior to the championship event weekend always has been an additional fee. Supersizing is also an additional cost and wasn't included in The $499 we used to pay.

Are you saying the test day or Supersizing is included in the $599 we pay this year?

Otherwise, just like the prior years, the Championship event weekend is 3-days of racing and NOT 4-days.

• Members

Full refund minus $50 if I read correctly. Which still works out to be a better deal than trying to sign up last minute.

$600 for 3 days of NATIONALS racing. I guess you could try to compare with a regional event, but it just aint the same.

Dang, you didn't notice when your checkout was over $2200.00 with your Garage Must be hung over from that long drive home !

-Scott B.

I was just trying to checkout as fast as I could so I could snag the center garage!

$600 for the event is not outragious. Its painful when I budgeted based on last year's $500 entry fee and that the diesel cost for the haul has increased for me to over $600 round trip. plus there's the cost of a decent paddock space and whatever 100 octane is going to cost by then.

for those of us on a limited budget it creates a need to make choices.

ive got til memorial day to find a sponsor.

What can you buy with $100? This is not Walmart, prices will go up so get used to it! My wife paid $7 for a package of raspberries at the store last night. Good god, $7 for berries!

it's actually $599.00 for an hour and 45 minutes of track time during the 3 to 4 days you are at the track.

thurs and fri=

15 min warm up- actually 10 min when they count the out and in lap

15 min qualify- same as above.

20 min qual race which turns out to be a bit less the 15 min.

sat or sun race =

40 min minus pace lap and in lap

its not just as much as it appears to be.

Damien

What can you buy with $100? This is not Walmart, prices will go up so get used to it! My wife paid $7 for a package of raspberries at the store last night. Good god, $7 for berries!

A $100 at last year's nationals paid for the supersize option for registered Honda Challenge racers, making it double the track time. If $100 isn't a big deal for you-give me $100!!!

it's actually $599.00 for an hour and 45 minutes of track time during the 3 to 4 days you are at the track.

If you're going to nationals for track time then you're doing it wrong.

If you're going to nationals for track time then you're doing it wrong.

True, but in this economy justifying a 20% price increase to the guys that pay the NASA and Mid Ohio bills takes some balls in my opinion. I'm still weighing it, so they may be right in that the community will pay it. What's another $100 in registration compared to the thousands spent in diesel, food, lodging, parts and rubber to go to the event? It's important to all of us that NASA remain viable as a business, but it should be important to NASA that it's racers do too.

Items 'most' people will end up paying for nationals:

Tires: $1000

Brake Pads: $300

Hotel: $300

Towing gas: $100~800+

On-track gas: $100

Entry Fee: $500 + $100 extra this year

Plus other stuff...

TOTAL: >$2600

If you can't afford the whopping $100 extra (~4% extra overall), you're in the wrong hobby, or probably shouldn't be making the trip out to nationals. Racing is expensive period!

Maybe they can take our $100 extra and hire an intern to make a live-updating registration list like the MW/GL regions has implemented this year. Now that would be nice...

Plus other stuff...

If you can't afford the whopping $100 extra (~4% extra overall), you're in the wrong hobby, or probably shouldn't be making the trip out to nationals. Racing is expensive period!

It's not a question of whether or not I can afford the extra $100, it's a question of whether or not we're getting more track time this year than in years past ('07, '08, '11). During Nationals in '06, the Wednesday before Thursday & Friday's Qual races, was a 3-session practice day for all classes.

...And $100 goes a long way...250miles to be more specific. Since I have to tow from CA, it'll cost about $2800 in diesel alone this year...last year it cost $2700 in diesel fuel round trip

Guess you need to ask yourself if that $100 and fuel expense is worth the chance to be able to change your signature to BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK National Champ.

Plus other stuff...

It's not a question of whether or not I can afford the extra $100, it's a question of whether or not we're getting more track time this year than in years past ('07, '08, '11). During Nationals in '06, the Wednesday before Thursday & Friday's Qual races, was a 3-session practice day for all classes.

...And $100 goes a long way...250miles to be more specific. Since I have to tow from CA, it'll cost about $2800 in diesel alone this year...last year it cost $2700 in diesel fuel round trip

I hear ya! I wish we'd get more track time, but I wouldn't count on it! We had a strong turnout last year. I wonder if NASA figures the 'demand' is high, so they can raise prices?

But yeah, I thought I read that you sold your car? Got a new one in the works?

Guess you need to ask yourself if that $100 and fuel expense is worth the chance to be able to change your signature to BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK National Champ.
Wouldn't it be great if I were lucky enough to earn that accolade? I guess I answered my own question
I hear ya! I wish we'd get more track time, but I wouldn't count on it! We had a strong turnout last year. I wonder if NASA figures the 'demand' is high, so they can raise prices?

But yeah, I thought I read that you sold your car? Got a new one in the works?

It's just wishful thinking on my part for that Wednesday to be included (for $599) as a practice day. Otherwise, it'll cost an additional $450 for a test and tune day.

Yeah, I did sell my car. Trying to build a "new" car for HC. It's a bare DC2 shell with a cage and it has been sitting since 2007.

If I'm lucky, it'll be at Nationals this year. *gulp*

Looking forward to you racing in HC at Nationals. Maybe H1 or H2?