$599 for Nationals this year if we register BY May 31?!

jmeris

we talk a lot on these forums about making things as even and fair as possible. there has been two years or more fighting on the american iron forum about keeping costs down and keeping things balanced.

the $100 is in addition to the jump in diesel costs. for a 12 hour plus out of region haul like the nationals that cost is up $200 or $300 people. add the $100 early reg increase and its the cost of doing another regional event. but lets keep in mind that its not just those costs. right?

those of us pinching pennies to race are already not able to hire the crew help that some top racers have. they cant afford the $1000 garage costs. if i am questioning my travel and entry fee costs, i can afford a paved paddock spot. i cant afford the practice day. its not just the $100. the $100 is just the latest weight against the small budget guys.

frankly, if its a problem and its going to cut down on entries, i'd think nasa would want to hear about it.

• Members
Items 'most' people will end up paying for nationals:

Tires: $1000

Brake Pads: $300

Hotel: $300

Towing gas: $100~800+

On-track gas: $100

Entry Fee: $500 + $100 extra this year

Plus other stuff...

TOTAL: >$2600..

$1000 tires?! I WISH!

If you're going to nationals for track time then you're doing it wrong.

What Scott said. One of the reasons I dont run BMWCCA races. They have like 1.5 hours of "practice" time. Screw that, I wanna race!

Items 'most' people will end up paying for nationals:

Tires: $1000

Brake Pads: $300

Hotel: $300

Towing gas: $100~800+

On-track gas: $100

Entry Fee: $500 + $100 extra this year

Plus other stuff...

TOTAL: >$2600..

$1000 tires?! I WISH!

If you're going to nationals for track time then you're doing it wrong.

What Scott said. One of the reasons I dont run BMWCCA races. They have like 1.5 hours of "practice" time. Screw that, I wanna race!

More like $1000.00 per day for tires !!!

-Scott B.

More like $1000.00 per day for tires !!!

-Scott B.

Haha, Nats can be as expensive as you want to make it, but you can be pretty thrifty too if you want.

For example, last year:

I camped instead of hotel, = more fun and it's free

I only brought one set of sticker tires. Even if you brought a new set for each day, after the event you'll still have 3 sets of 'almost' new tires to use at future regional events.

My expenses last year..

Entry fee: $500

Towing: $250

Car gas: $120

One set sticker hoosier (divided by three since I used them for two more weekends afterwards): $350 (actually, I won them, so they were free)

Brakes: $300

Lodging: $00.00

Total: $1520

Sucks though if you have a long tow, that does get expensive quick. Nobody 'has' to have a garage rental, or 'has' to have new tires for each day! That's only for ballers!

jason. nobody has to have a garage or new tires as you say. nobody has to get the practice day and so on. nobody has to be competitive for that matter. thats the thing. all things being equal a garage shouldnt matter. but it rains a lot at midohio in september. our recent nationals have had a good bit of that.

the free parking can be pretty brutal when it rains and so there is a competitive advantage to the paid for paddock spaces. just like there is a competitive advantage to getting to practice on wednesday. new tires everyday is a competitive advantage too.

there's really no arguing it.

jason. nobody has to have a garage or new tires as you say. nobody has to get the practice day and so on. nobody has to be competitive for that matter. thats the thing. all things being equal a garage shouldnt matter. but it rains a lot at midohio in september. our recent nationals have had a good bit of that.

the free parking can be pretty brutal when it rains and so there is a competitive advantage to the paid for paddock spaces. just like there is a competitive advantage to getting to practice on wednesday. new tires everyday is a competitive advantage too.

there's really no arguing it.

Naw, I'm not trying to argue with anyone, you're absolutely right, a little bit of extra competitiveness can be had if you want to put forth the $$. I think everyone will agree with that.

I like extra track time as much as the next guy, and I hope we get some, but not counting on it. Mid-Ohio is a business, and they charge NASA to rent the track. NASA is a business, and they charge us to attend the event. Perhaps either M-O or NASA decided to raise the rates this year. Sometimes the cost of things go up, just like gasoline, and food, and whatever. I just don't see the point of everybody whining over it.

• Members

Hi guys,

I understand all concerns regarding anything going up in price in this economy. NASA has been subsidizing the Championships since 2006 and will continue to do so to ensure NASA Drivers have a National Championship event each year. Costs on our end rise each year yet we have maintained the original price of $999 since 2006. It was necessary to restructure the discount program by a few points. That is where you are seeing the discount codes instead of automatically changing fees. The costs each year go up by more than the price increase so we have to be careful to maintain an equitable balance of subsidization for the Championships to ensure it's future existence. Please direct any other questions or concerns regarding this to me. [email protected]

Thank you all for your your continued support of NASA and the Championships.

See you at the track!