NOLA region racing May 5th-6th

Reggie Simmons

UPDATE: We now have 5 or more verbal committments, so we have more than reached the magic number for the contingency program with Toyo!

The field is growing in SM class at NOLA. We have verbal committments from at least 5 SMs thus far, and we haven't heard from most of the other SM drivers from in-state.

If you are new to the NOLA track and would like, some of us could go out a few laps at 90% or so, follow-the-leader style to get you acquainted with the track faster than if you just go out and try it yourselves. In my case, on my first lapping day I followed Mitch,the general manager, for 4 or 5 laps before he gunned it and disappeared on the horizon! LOL. Learning the track is NOT difficult, and you'll enjoy doing it. Squeezing the last tenth of a second out of it will be quite the challenge for all of us, but it's not difficult to learn this track. We will be running the 1.8 mile track, which is the same length as was run in the first two days of NASA races in February.

An open (very unofficial) invitation goes to all Louisiana,Texas and other SM drivers from neighboring states. If you have any questions about the track or anything, please give me a pm or phone call: 985-515-1292. See you there!

This was a weekend of familiarization of both CAR and Track, so not too fast for me. This is a short vimeo video: