Norcal Time Trial Results from Thunderhill

Gumball

Hi Folks,

Thunderhill turned out to be a great weekend for HPDE Group 4 and the Time Trialers. Saturday was beautiful, although humid, and although the clouds looked threatening on Sunday, the rain tires never made it out of the trailer. Most importantly, nobody wrecked his or her car and we were nearly incident free on Sunday. I suppose the over aggressive driving that occurred at Infineon was attributed to Spring Fever or some other celestial anomaly.

On a personal note, thank you all for bearing with me at this event as my time was seriously limited due to babysitting duties. Although I love him to death, he's not coming to the track again unless mommy comes too!

In other news, we were able to add another 10 drivers to the chase for the season championship. We now have nearly 35 drivers competing and most of the classes are starting to see some good competition. Remember, you need to drive in at least 6 events (3 weekends) to be eligible for season honors. Our next event is again at Thunderhill on June 25-26th so sign up soon. Also, our crossover event with the Socal Time Trialers will be held on August 6-7th at Infineon. This event will absolutely sell out so be sure to sign up at least a month before. If you think you'll be able to wait until a week before the event to sign up, you will be highly disappointed.

If you did not pick up your medals for the weekend, shoot me an email and I'll mail them out to you. A special thanks goes out to Bob Forrest for stepping in to save the day when our photographer forgot his memory card. Reminder......... we will only take podium shots for Saturday's winners, and, we will take the shots around noon on SUNDAY. We must do it this way because we run so late each day that the trophy presenters are long gone before we can calculate the days' results. Will YOU make it to the podium at our next event????? If you have not seen the pics yet, go to the following link and have a look. http://www.nasanorcal.com/Awards05/may05/index.htm

As I mentioned in previous emails, please contact me immediately if you are not 100% sure that you classed your car correctly. I would hate to see anyone re-classed and lose valuable points six months from now during the final weekend of the season.

If you would like to see the timing results of the weekend and season standings, just send me a note and I will email you the Excel files. Or, someone show me how to post it on this forum.

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments. I look forward to seeing you all next month.

Best regards,

John

[/img][/url]