getfast

Sebring June 23-24, 2012 registration is OPEN!

getfast

Event #5 is approaching...

*Sebring International Raceway

-Date: June 23-24, 2012

-Early Discount Registration (20% off HPDE/TT/racing): CLOSED 12:01am Mon Apr 23, 2012 https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1465

-Regular Registration: OPEN NOW https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1465

-Event info page is online: http://www.drivenasafl.com/speed/content/sebring

This event features: Autocross, Hyperdrive, HPDE Groups 1-4, Time Trial, and Double Sprint Races.

Clee

Hello,

I'm new to NASA and NASA DEs. I was wondering if you have a sample schedule of the weekend at Sebring? It would just give me an idea how many sessions I will have throughout the day and if DE people would get bumped for the racers (this happens at many other events ). Thanks.

Balroks

Our May event was just this past weekend so look for the June sched in a couple weeks or so.

Clee

Is there a post of the Miami schedule? Im sure Sebring will be run on a similar schedule?

Balroks
Is there a post of the Miami schedule? Im sure Sebring will be run on a similar schedule?

Somewhat, depends on how many people in X class by that time.

getfast

Sorry for being late on the reply, I just got home from Homestead.

Generally speaking, each HPDE level gets 4 sessions a day on track, 20-30min each. And yes - the schedule will probably look much like the one posted above from this past weekend. Unless/until we get a bunch more signups, then we may extend each day (i.e. run until 6pm or later, adding more time for each group.)

And no, HPDE usually doesn't lose any track time due to racers. Our rule is that the "offending group" loses the time. So if race qualifying runs 5min over due to a long cleanup, the race is shortened by 5min. Or similar.

Clee

Thank you for your reply. Is it too late to ask about first time NASA member discount? Who can I contact for this. Thanks, I look forward to trying out this event.

getfast

If you already signed up, it is. If you didn't, it isn't. Email me to get a coupon code...

getfast

Preliminary entry list is up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApnFIz7a5cThdHRlbXdWUklndWc4NHlfQjRCR05fZlE&output=html

Needless to say, we need more of everything - especially instructors. HPDE1 registration is closed until we get more instructors.

This is our last trip to Sebring - heck, our last event - until October! Please sign up ASAP at https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1465

Balroks

A race prepped Veyron??! If only Looks like that ST2 Vette is coming back finally too.

TurboShortBus
A race prepped Veyron??! If only

Yeah, I saw that Veyron on the HPDE list for the last 2 events, but I never saw one on property. While the driver might own one, he apparently doesn't bring it out.

Mark

getfast

According to two sources who know... he does actually own one, but it was in the shop last time. I'm told we will see it on track - or at least at the track - eventually.

Mrsideways

Ouch, in the shop. bet that was a cheap visit.

There was one at a non-NASA day a number of years ago. It couldn't complete a lap without overheating IIRC.

King Tut

After missing my shot at the early registration discount I finally signed up this weekend. Looks like we should have three in SpecE30. Any chance of a race group split or will we most likely be having two races a day? Which races are the contingency races?

getfast

Two races a day seems most likely at this point - but that could change. Contingency races are TBA. Thanks!

King Tut

The first race would be better for me so I can skip the 2nd race on Sunday to get started on my 9 hour drive home.

getfast

Traditionally it's the second race - i.e. the first one is a qualifying race - but your desires have been noted

TrackRat
Contingency races are TBA. Thanks!

6 hr enduro?

TonyHarris

Any chance that hpde 1 will open back up? Thought I would be ok registering today, that teaches me better...

dew-e

I'm sure they keep a waitlist of sorts that you can get listed on. Lots of people wait until the last minute to check out the car and then find problems and have to cancel. Not a guaranteed thing, but worth a shot if you really want to attend.

getfast

We need a few more instructors to sign up then we will re-open HPDE1 registration to the existing waiting list which has like 8 names on it... unless we get enough HPDE2 signups in the meantime to make that combined group reach its planned maximum size.

"Sign up early and often" remains the best advice I've ever heard on this subject

getfast

Tentative schedule v2 (including UPDATED autocross on the second page) and updated entry list have been posted, linked from http://www.drivenasafl.com/speed/content/sebring

Sure could use more racers, TT'ers, instructors, HPDE3/4 drivers, and autocrossers!

l30thelion
Tentative schedule v2 (including UPDATED autocross on the second page) and updated entry list have been posted, linked from http://www.drivenasafl.com/speed/content/sebring

Sure could use more racers, TT'ers, instructors, HPDE3/4 drivers, and autocrossers!

Where are the rest of the TTC/TTD folks!??! I thought we'd have everyone there.....guess people are on vacation??!?!

Looking forward to this event, haven't been to Sebring in years

Also, I really enjoyed running the banking at HMS, I vote for doing it a few times a year for variety.

Edited by Guest