• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bob-e

• robbodleimages

• brkntrxn

• kchildre

robbodleimages

getting used to a new car and not having been on this track in a long time added up to bad driving. but i still had fun. i hope we return to again to savannah next year.

this is highlights/lowlights from the saturday thunder race.

edit: Ed's new car is actually an FR500S

This is PTA action.

Morris, Kevin.... awesome battle to watch! Wish I could've been there. You guys are so competitive. Ok, this Saturday night at 7:00, let's see who can make it to Carolina Cones in Cornelius the quickest

John

saturday lightning. still trying to figure out the track after a crappy warm up session and double red flag qual session. great battle with jason plante. most fun race I've had yet.

getting used to a new car and not having been on this track in a long time added up to bad driving. but i still had fun. i hope we return to again to savannah next year.

Did you get hit at the end that caused your spin?

CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU

I have a good view of Robs spin.http://vimeo.com/40432674 I found out why my car was running on 7cyl most of the time was a dropped valve guide.

robbodleimages

Did you get hit at the end that caused your spin?

no....blew the downshift. the diff in this car makes that huge bang when you dont match revs correctly.

my feet got hung up in the peddles at road atlanta(first time out with this new car). that was another case of that happening.

after this race i changed from blipping with the side of my foot and now i am actually using my heel and its much better.

the peddles in this car are completely different than what ive driven in the past.

I have a good view of Robs spin.http://vimeo.com/40432674 I found out why my car was running on 7cyl most of the time was a dropped valve guide.

I think most of us had a good view of one of Rob's many spins

Hence my apprehension (Rob!) of letting you by on the inside at the fastest part of the track

Here's a view from the back of the pack from the Thunder standing start on Sat. http://vimeo.com/40475144

Another great SE weekend backed by some great weather.

Just messin with ya Rob (hard to get that thru, even with the emotioncons I guess, on these forums).

I figured you had that big straight away coming up to muscle it past.

Good job keeping the car in one piece with that handful you had to deal with all weekend.

Chris,

If you can, post the segment with Morris and I in front of you towards the end of the race on Sunday. I'd like to see a perspective from another view.

-Kevin

robbodleimages
Just messin with ya Rob (hard to get that thru, even with the emotioncons I guess, on these forums).

I figured you had that big straight away coming up to muscle it past.

Good job keeping the car in one piece with that handful you had to deal with all weekend.

i am never very clear at rrr when someone in another class is leaving me room to pass in that corner and when they are turning in later than i do.

Sunday's Lightning Race from a Spec E30 perspective. The top 5 Spec E30's stayed pretty tight through the entire race... also includes a good view of the Thunder Roadster incident from Turn 2 on the white flag lap (@35min). Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/40495046

- Kelly

heres my saturday video from the H2 413 machine, enjoy!

Great meeting you shane. Hope the PTB battle didn't mess you up too much. Had to fight to keep the green bean behind me