Anyone even running ST in SE region this season??

Red Tornado

What happened to everyone this year. Our thunder fields have been CMC, AI, and AIX and a few GTS cars lately. We had 10 plus at many races last year and this year lucky to get 2 or 3 it seems

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cobra4B

• sperkins

• PushinTheLimit

• brkntrxn

I hear ya. I've been wondering that all year long.

I missed Roebling and will miss CMP and June Rd Atl at minimum due to a family medical issue, but I plan to run out the rest of the season after that in ST2. I sure hope it picks up soon.

"Come to PTA, come to PTA, come on and build your car for PTA. We'll have fun winning your tires!"

I heard that ALL last season.

So far this year, ZERO PTA besides me and Morris. And ZERO ST2 cars for that matter. Kinda boring except for Morris and I running on old tires to make our races interesting.

Thunder Roadsters are starting to looking very appealing.

"Come to PTA, come to PTA, come on and build your car for PTA. We'll have fun winning your tires!"

So far this year, ZERO PTA besides me and Morris.

that's cuz we know the tires are in TT

I agree with Michael. This is a bit of an off season for sure with a few regulars (in the MA region at least) getting out of the hobby and moving on. It has made ST lose some momentum for the time being. I think thinks will pick up next year for sure. Especially if NASA makes A6s a 20 point tire... I think most of the leading TTA/PTA cars will just move on up to ST2. Also, ST2/TTS matches very nicely with NARRA's GT-3/TT3 class.

Oh and Kevin... where were you guys at VIR in February and March... we could have raced. Instead I ran TT and instructed so I could win some tires to run the rest of the year on.

Next year I'm going to try to organize the ST2 East Coast Shootout that I was wanting to do this year. With me not being able to attend many events (possibly none) this year, I didn't see the point of doing it. Looks like that was a good decision with so few guys running ST2 this year.

Once I see the 2013 Schedule for the other regions later this year, I'll put out a tentative schedule for that. I figure whats the worst can happen? If anything, it'll add a few more cars to the class for everyone to compete with and maybe a shot at full tire contingency whether it be Hoosier, BFG, etc.

Pretty dim for FL as well, I've been the only legal ST2 car so far. There was one Evo but he's got one of those "faster is better" midsets and is going ST1. I saw another Vette but he's going through the Lic process. Most of the rich canidians have gone back north. Had to run SU a couple times just to have some comp.

Pretty dim for FL as well, I've been the only legal ST2 car so far. There was one Evo but he's got one of those "faster is better" midsets and is going ST1. I saw another Vette but he's going through the Lic process. Most of the rich canidians have gone back north. Had to run SU a couple times just to have some comp.

Lol he wants to beat on the BPP vettes

What new rules? Did you mean the clarifications that were issued?

Regardless, when compared to NARRA's TT3 rules, they're a bit much. My point all along is that NASA is solving a problem that doesn't exist (tube-frame class killers) while at the same time exacerbating the current problem (low car counts).

Joseph... you going to make RA in June? If so, are you going to run PTA? Looks like we could have a nice PTA field in the works.

i'll probably end up in ST2 when i get my comp license. a MINI in this mix will be weird, but i'm game. i'll do all of the FL region events and as many SE events as i can justify. i hope to do the comp eval at the same time as the guy with the vette. they need to be done in pairs. he was supposed to do comp eval at Sebring, but his "parnter" cancelled. we have talked about doing it together and are both excited to help build the ST class.

beaner

You cly didn't look at the NARRA events. Not alot of folks running as I looked at joining them at road atlanta and they had like 15 cars in whole race group and 3 in GT3. forget that.

Just seems like alot of folks have dropped out period this year.

You cly didn't look at the NARRA events. Not alot of folks running...3 in GT3.

which is 3 more than ST2 had running at Roebling

NorCal isn't any better for ST this season. redtopz was out with his ST2 car and his only competition was a single SU car. I have an RX7 that would fit ST1/SU but I'm thinking of taking it to SFR-SCCA and running ITE since they seem to have a consistent turnout. I have a PTE Miata that works nicely for NASA and when the SMs super-size PTE has a good field typically.

The Great Lakes/Midwest region has a few ST2 cars and from the looks of it the NE looks pretty healthy and that was without Pete McIntosh at their last event.

This is just a little list from Road Atlanta last year...

Robert Lutz - haven't seen him unless he's running AI or AIX.

Scott Perkins - PTA/TTA, active

Mark Nunnally - PTA/TTA, active

Pete McIntosh - I suspect he'll be racing again soon

Tim Marcinek - haven't seen him this year

Jason Ireland - Sold his PTA car

Michael Smith - rebuild after crash, return 2013

Jody Austin - will be racing later this year

Rob Leopard - usually only races at Road Atlanta

Ed Gelston - haven't seen him this year

Kevin Clifford - ST2, active

Russ Dalba - ST2, active

Joseph Anderson - active

Dennis Mitchell - ST2, active

David Greenman - ST2, active

Tony Johnson - Panoz got bumped to STR2

Brian Bowers - PTA/TTA, active

James Forbis - blown motor, will be active soon

Greg Vannucci - ST2, active

Updated with my highlights:

Robert Lutz - haven't seen him unless he's running AI or AIX.

Mark Nunnally - PTA/TTA, active

Pete McIntosh - I suspect he'll be racing again soon

Tim Marcinek - haven't seen him this year

Jason Ireland - Sold his PTA car

Michael Smith - rebuild after crash, return 2013

Jody Austin - will be racing later this year

Rob Leopard - usually only races at Road Atlanta

Ed Gelston - haven't seen him this year

Kevin Clifford - ST2, active

Russ Dalba - ST2, active

Joseph Anderson - active

Dennis Mitchell - ST2, active

David Greenman - ST2, active

Tony Johnson - Panoz got bumped to STR2

Brian Bowers - PTA/TTA, active

James Forbis - blown motor, will be active soon (bumped to STR2)

Greg Vannucci - ST2, active

Scott Perkins - PTA/ST2, Extremely limited schedule in 2012

Kevin Harvey - PTA/TTA, active (running for points in PTA)

Morris Morgan - PTA/TTA, active (running for points in PTA)

Team Werner Law - ST2/TTS, Car for sale

Wally - ST2, Sold car

All Thunder Roadster to Lightning

We had an explosion of ST2 cars this past weekend at NJMP. Unfortunately my car comes second to customer cars, so I wasnt able to join in on the fun... but it should be exciting for the rest of the year.

The SE guys better get there act together. I am coming to ATL in June and dragging some people down with me. I am expecting a nice size field!!!!

Updated with my highlights:

All Thunder Roadster to Lightning

[/color]

and didn't Jim start some special class for them so they wouldn't run in STR2 where they actually belong?

and didn't Jim start some special class for them so they wouldn't run in STR2 where they actually belong?

Yes.

It's called....

wait for it.....

"Thunder Roadster".