Anyone even running ST in SE region this season??

Red Tornado

After watching video of AMP, I have zero desire to race there. Time Trial yes, but it looks way to tight with little runoff for racing.

agreed. I've only driven around it in a minivan but saw enough. It's a track where you go and run the track, not other cars (which as a country club track, is probably all it should be)

S-A-B-C-D records will probably only differ slightly, WOT throttle on time will probably be the lowest % of any track you run on.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cobra4B

• sperkins

• PushinTheLimit

• brkntrxn

Don't think I'll be bringing my racecar to AMP either. Might be an interesting track to watch Spec E30 and Spec Miata though.

This would be the type of track I would like to take my dad to sometime and let him get his feet wet on a road course... but all the blind apex's could be a little intimidating for him.

Don't think I'll be bringing my racecar to AMP either. Might be an interesting track to watch Spec E30 and Spec Miata though.

This would be the type of track I would like to take my dad to sometime and let him get his feet wet on a road course... but all the blind apex's could be a little intimidating for him.

Off topic, but....

Roebling is the perfect track for first timers. Flat, plenty of visibility, and only 9 easy sweepers. Easy track to commit to muscle memory, get the sensation of cornering, and the thrill of speed down the straight.

Off topic, but....

Roebling is the perfect track for first timers. Flat, plenty of visibility, and only 9 easy sweepers. Easy track to commit to muscle memory, get the sensation of cornering, and the thrill of speed down the straight.

Very true... I figured CMP is a good first timers track for the fact its flat and got good runoff room in most places. AMP is only about 3 1/2 hours away from my house where as CMP and Roebling are 6+ and 7+ hours away respectively.

When we got our drivers licenses (and learners permit) at 15/16, dad just threw us out on 285 at rush hr in the biggest vehicle we owned.

5 yrs later, first track day I ever did was Road Atlanta. Sink or swim

When we got our drivers licenses (and learners permit) at 15/16, dad just threw us out on 285 at rush hr in the biggest vehicle we owned.

5 yrs later, first track day I ever did was Road Atlanta. Sink or swim

Similar experience here. Got learners at 15 and drove myself to school in Dad's '95 F-150 4x4 every morning in Northern Virginia rush hour traffic (him riding shotgun of course). When I took the behind the wheel class at 16 I was a pro compared to the other kids in the car with me. I had been driving for a year vs. them who's parents never let them drive with the learners. First on track experience in '02 was Road Atlanta as well. Somehow I learned that the Panoz track days had a Group C that allowed convertibles to run. They were sessions lead by an instructor in an Audi with 4-5 cars following. Each lap the car behind the instructor would move to the end of the train. I then somehow convinced my mother to let me take her '99 Corvette convertible and my dad to go with me. I've been addicted ever since.