Bedding brakes at the track.

n80

Yes, I will be there in a blue 350Z. I'll be with my buddy who is in a yellow 65 Mustang. I was surprised to see very few older Mustangs on the entrants list.

I noticed that Jim Pantas was going to be there too.

Looks like the weather could be real nice and not quite as hot as the last week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

The Carbotech brakes worked great. Was able to brake later and compress my braking zones a great deal. No heat/fade issues at all. Carbotech also gave away a free set of pads to one of the drivers which was very cool.

The Carbotech brakes worked great. Was able to brake later and compress my braking zones a great deal. No heat/fade issues at all. Carbotech also gave away a free set of pads to one of the drivers which was very cool.

Does anyone have any information comparing the Carbotechs to the Hawk HP+ pads?

Does anyone have any information comparing the Carbotechs to the Hawk HP+ pads?

Closest I can give you is using a Crovette.

Had students with HP+, its a minimal pad for the track. They are prone to fade when you start pushing them. Stock Corvette pads on the z06 are about the same. Carbotech 1521 (I think I got the new number right) is a street only pad, the autocross pad is good for street/autocross. I put XP8 on my DD 2012 V6 Camaro. On the track these pads are night and day different from the stock pads, they squeal a bit on the street. On my 3400 (wet+driver) lb corvette they are not optimal for track duty, but about the same as hawk blues I had on a mustang. I run xp12/10 combo now on my Corvette and they are much better than the xp8.

Wife's daily driver has hawk HPS and she likes them, this is a street driven car. When I've had students with HPS' I know to keep the braking exercises early in the session casue they fade fast when they get hot.