First HPDE, need some veteran insight

TonyHarris

Hello everyone, about to sign up for my first hpde in Florida region at Sebring, very excited because this is one of the top 3 tracks I have wanted to lap for a long time. I have been autocrossing my car for a few years and I am finishing my track car which will only be used for hpde and autox, being my first time out I am not sure what to expect as far as a budget. I have fresh pads and new fluid going into the car but will be renting a uhaul trailer for now until I buy my own. Can anyone provide some insight into usual costs and what to expect?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Welcome to the Florida region! What kind of car? You primary budget should be consumables (tires, fuel, and brakes), entry fees, and the costs of getting to/staying at the track.

Appreciate it, my car is a 91 mustang. Its a work in progress...

IMAG0137.jpg

However this photo is more recent... Going back together now

tempjpg.jpg

Can anyone provide some insight into usual costs and what to expect?

Thanks in advance

Tony

First welcome to NASA and your new addiction. Cost: By the time you add tire wear and brakes part along with event cost, food, the cost of getting to and from the event, lodging and some miscellaneous stuff your cost well run between $750 to $1000 per event.

Can anyone provide some insight into usual costs and what to expect?

Thanks in advance

Tony

First welcome to NASA and your new addiction. Cost: By the time you add tire wear and brakes part along with event cost, food, the cost of getting to and from the event, lodging and some miscellaneous stuff your cost well run between $750 to $1000 per event.

I plan on about $1000.00 for each weekend but that is if nothing breaks or goes wrong.

first one is going to be on the high side because of the start up costs, but if you average everything out over the lifespans it's not bad. have fun!

Thanks everyone! I cannot wait to get out there and learn. Sounds like $1000 is a good figure to count on, and realize that it may be more.

You can save a few bucks if a buddy has a trailer/camper. I've been to 6 events and have not stayed in one hotel or bought the first burger at the track. We pack coolers and stay in my buddies enclosed car trailer after we pull the car out. It's got AC and we blow up air mattresses.

You can save a few bucks if a buddy has a trailer/camper. I've been to 6 events and have not stayed in one hotel or bought the first burger at the track. We pack coolers and stay in my buddies enclosed car trailer after we pull the car out. It's got AC and we blow up air mattresses.

My plan is to buy an enclosed trailer and use that same strategy, but I am waiting for that purchase next year.

My plan is to buy an enclosed trailer and use that same strategy, but I am waiting for that purchase next year.

I guess the key to making that economical is having a buddy with a trailer, or having one already. I had thought about when that would be worth the investment, and I don't see myself doing it any time soon. The tracks normally have showers, so even camping with a tent can work if you don't have a trailer. I don't go often enough to make a hotel not affordable. When I go to RA or AMP I have a buddy's house to stay at.