Racing in Louisiana!

Reggie Simmons

We had a field of SMs for NOLA this past weekend. Go to nolamotorsportsPark.com and check out the videos! We had an absolute blast. First and second battled it out, while 3rd and 4th did the same, each passing the other a bunch of times. In four races, counting the heat races (which aren't for points), I finished (in order) 1st, 3rd, 4th and 2nd. I would have finished first in the Feature race on Sunday but I bobbled the turn-in at Turn One and gave up the lead. I was the only driver to be passed by everyone, and then pass everyone in turn. Every single one of us had FUN, and we all celebrated as if we had all won the race!

We had drivers from Florida and Texas at the track, so why not you SM drivers from Missisissippi and Alabama??? You guys are missing out on one of the finest tracks in the USA-much like Barber in B'ham. Really. The track is in 3 configurations: 1.9, 2.4 and 2.75 miles. The 2.4 mile track has the 5,000 feet front straight. These 3 tracks will be joined in a year or so with another 2+ mile track, making it more than 5 miles in combined length, and establishing NOLA as the longest track in North America. So guys/ladies, get ready to travel to Louisiana:it's gonna happen sooner or later, so you might as well get into it sooner than later.

We are running the 2.75 mile configuration this coming month, in June, so don't be late.

Here's my video excerpt from the Saturday heat race. Note the Boxster following me at the end-