NickD

What to do with an expired helmet?

NickD

I have an SA2000 helmet that is no longer acceptable at HPDE events or even the local drag strip. It feels wrong to just toss it in the trash. What can be done with an old helmet?

getfast

Is it in good condition? It could still be usable as a loaner for HPDE and autocross. Recommend donating it to your nearest NASA region if so.

NickD

The helmet is in very good condition, I've unfortunately only used it maybe 10 times and it's never been in a crash. I am attending an HPDE at the end of the month, should I just bring it with me there or is there another prefered way of donating?

08Bullitt0572

Planter?

I have an SA2005 that I will be asking the same question about before long. I was thinking about getting it airbrushed and using it as a man cave decoration.

getfast
The helmet is in very good condition, I've unfortunately only used it maybe 10 times and it's never been in a crash. I am attending an HPDE at the end of the month, should I just bring it with me there or is there another prefered way of donating?

SA2000 is perfectly ok for HPDE/TT as per the CCR as long as it's in good condition, NASA Florida will gladly take it off your hands to use as a loaner, for the cost of shipping. Otherwise, contact your nearest regional director and/or take it with you to the track...