petemac

Spec Z Enduro Classification

petemac

Hey Guys I just recently was skimming through the Enduro rules and noticed that Spec Z is not categorized in the rules. I don't want to be classified as a SU car (ES) car for enduro events. Seeing as the car has a HP/WT ratio of 12:1, no aero, no brake modifications, and limited suspension (Spec Z suspension kit) I feel that the classification would fall in the E1 to E0 range, but I wanted to know if this issue has been looked at and when it would be addressed.

kbrew8991

until it is added to the Enduro ruleset you could use whatever applicable PT class that would cover the car. Or a class from another recognized club could work too.

petemac
until it is added to the Enduro ruleset you could use whatever applicable PT class that would cover the car. Or a class from another recognized club could work too.

Yea I guess I could just classify as a SCCA T2 car which would be a E0 car which was where I thought the car would be anyways.

laze1

EO would be my guess as well...

Jeremy C.

E0 will be it's starting point fellas, but we are working on it as we speak!

esr

Is spec z in E0 after all?

Thanks

E0 will be it's starting point fellas, but we are working on it as we speak!

B Esquire

Yes it should be, a Spec Z car fully prepped will not stay in PTB, which is E1, it would go to ST3, which is E0. You could still have a PTB 350Z as long as you don't do NISMO aero but the rest can be the full Spec Z build, for a DE anyway.

We will be running our ex-Spec Z car, now an ST3 car in E0 at next months Buttonwillow enduro.

esr

So spec z minus nismo aero = E1.

Can someone else confirm?

Brian, thanks for the info.

That would be good. Not sure a spec z is competitive in E0

Yes it should be, a Spec Z car fully prepped will not stay in PTB, which is E1, it would go to ST3, which is E0. You could still have a PTB 350Z as long as you don't do NISMO aero but the rest can be the full Spec Z build, for a DE anyway.

We will be running our ex-Spec Z car, now an ST3 car in E0 at next months Buttonwillow enduro.

ILIKETODRIVE
So spec z minus nismo aero = E1.

Can someone else confirm?

Brian, thanks for the info.

That would be good. Not sure a spec z is competitive in E0

If you go through the paperwork and fill out a PT classing form and it ends up in PTB; bingo, E1 car.