This Class is Dead

FrankBarba

This is a dead class. National should disolve this class. I have been running this V V C for 3 years now. There is no Competition. 3 years running no Vipers, maybe 1 Corvette. Please disolve the class.

Frank,

I agree that this class is dead. I have ran it all last season and will run it again this year. I currently run in VVC1 but I am going to switch to VVCx as there was a GTSR Viper show up @ Putnam last weekend in VVCx. But killing the class will not solve a thing.

Are you going to Beaverun in June 11-12? I will sign up for VVCx and if you show up there will be two cars. I will email David Blankenbaker (who drove the VVCx viper last weekend) to see if he is coming. We might have a good time with three VVC cars racing on the track at the same time.

I have another guy that is currently building a VVCx Vette. This class will grow if people stand behind it. I am here and am willing to travel to another region to race. I would just like people to come to out region to race too.

I believe that most of the old T1 vettes are running @ SCCA in the Corvette TCC class there. We just need to give them an incentive to come and race with NASA.

James Forbis

BTW. Let me know about Beaverun as I think that is close to you.

My dad plans to get his license at Beaver Run with his VVCX-classed Vette. He tried at Mid Ohio but engine problems and a blown right-rear on the backstretch scuttled his efforts there.

...that could be four...

This class will never be as large as the AI or FFR series. Not enough corvettes & Vipers. Until we can communicate with the Viper Racing League & Viper Day's drivers to do this series also we are done. I guess it will be back to PSO or SU.

This class will never be as large as the AI or FFR series.

I have to agree with you there. It's just the law of averages, though at Putnam there were 3 FFRs and 2 VVCs.

There are tons of Mustangs and Camaros running around out there in the world. A given percentage of those owners will be interested in racing them. Same goes for Vipers and Corvettes. My opinion is that the percentage of Viper and Vette owners that want to race may be higher, but there is a smaller pool to draw from... ...and then there are the relative costs... I'd love to run a Viper or Vette but the tire costs alone would make it impossible for me. Maybe someday...

• 5 months later...

We should have 3 Corvettes and 1 or 2 Vipers at our MSR event this weekend.

With the changes going on with the SCCA, I think there will be more T1 drivers defecting to NASA. I plan to stop spending my money on replacement stock parts and replace them with better after market pieces.

The NASA Nationals will also boost our participation.

I agree money will always restrict this class size. What else can we run, they through us out of AI and then AIX. Corvettes and Vipers Vs All Takers?

I will be running my vette next year in Texas, but I think we should not limit the series. That is where the problem is, to me. If we had something similar to VVC but would include ferrari's, porsches and what ever else would fit into the power/weight ratios (that we are currently leaving out). Then we could get the PCA guys out with us. Limiting attendance, then complaining about poor showing...well duh.

Speed World Challenge works with different car types, and has built in restrictions to keep them competetively close.

Just a thought.

Brady

• 4 weeks later...

I think with the nationals and general discontent with SCCA you will see this class pick up.

On the SCCA forum many T1 folks talked about doing several races and the nationals with NASA.

I think you will all be pleasantly surprised.

My bet is youll see more T1 cars move to TCC or ITE classes before running in VVC.

I would love to run in VVC, but as much as I dislike the SCCA hoops and such, I do like running with anywhere from 7 to 19 cars in my class.

I wish NASA would make a catch-all like ITE, where Vettes, Vipers, Porsches, Panozs, RX7s, STIs, NSXs, Mitsubishis (Galants!?!), Mustangs, F-bodies etc....all could play - makes for some interesting builds, and interesting cars to pass (or get passed)!

My bet is youll see more T1 cars move to TCC or ITE classes before running in VVC.

I would love to run in VVC, but as much as I dislike the SCCA hoops and such, I do like running with anywhere from 7 to 19 cars in my class.

I wish NASA would make a catch-all like ITE, where Vettes, Vipers, Porsches, Panozs, RX7s, STIs, NSXs, Mitsubishis (Galants!?!), Mustangs, F-bodies etc....all could play - makes for some interesting builds, and interesting cars to pass (or get passed)!

Wouldn't that be the already existing Super Unlimited class?