trhoads

2012 June Jam Photography

trhoads
sign me up. Im in the thunder race

Will do Joel, you are on my list. Any particular shot you are interested in?

CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU

Im still looking for a good air shot @ turn 3 If I ever get any. Just shoot where ever your are Im sure they will be good .

trhoads
Im still looking for a good air shot @ turn 3 If I ever get any. Just shoot where ever your are Im sure they will be good .

I will try to get one for you. I think many would be surprised how little air is actually gotten there. But I will be there to catch what I can.

robbodleimages

I will try to get one for you. I think many would be surprised how little air is actually gotten there. But I will be there to catch what I can.

yea, well....this is joel we are talking about. as close to luke duke as we are going to get. if its not air, then its dirt. sometimes you can get air and dirt in the same shot.

trhoads

yea, well....this is joel we are talking about. as close to luke duke as we are going to get. if its not air, then its dirt. sometimes you can get air and dirt in the same shot.

I am very familiar with who Joel is, what he drives and how he drives, I went through IC2 with Joel...point remains the same, there is not as much air there as people think...this was shot last year in August...JoelV-77-TT05-L.jpg Sure there is air there...

This was shot at the same event...this is what most people feel like they are doing in the car...

Jason-42-DE306-L.jpg, and that was the most air under a tire I saw the whole event...

Point is, I will do my very best to get the shot that ANYONE wants...I will put myself in the right spot to give the best chance of getting THE shot.

robbodleimages

well....yes, but i was just yanking on joel there. it was not meant as a reference to your

camera driving in the least.

trhoads
well....yes, but i was just yanking on joel there. it was not meant as a reference to your

camera driving in the least.

ah...sorry...I apologize. Believe it or not, I have had drivers get upset that I did not "catch" their air...and were not happy with the shot, when there was no air to catch. I never want anyone to be disappointed and work really dang hard to make sure that does not happen.

robbodleimages

i understand. you know. i tend to shoot t3 from the front on top of my truck. i know how hard getting the big air shot is. as a driver, i am trying real hard to avoid big air myself anyway.

trhoads
i understand. you know. i tend to shoot t3 from the front on top of my truck. i know how hard getting the big air shot is. as a driver, i am trying real hard to avoid big air myself anyway.

I tried that from a 12 foot ladder last year, with limited success, the high angle obscures any air, unless you get further down toward Turn 4, and then even my 400mm isn't long enough to do it justice...the big boys that take that shot are packing a 500 or 600 mm lens and some extenders...

robbodleimages

this is the angle that i've found. ive never shot from the backside where you go. in fact i dont even know how to get there.

IMG_9401.jpg

trhoads

yeah, I tried shooting from there, but did not have much luck.

To get to where I shoot from, I cross the track between sessions.

sperkins

Be sure to be on standby near T10 during the Thunder races. There's sure to be a smoldering pile of fiberglass at some point.

trhoads
Be sure to be on standby near T10 during the Thunder races. There's sure to be a smoldering pile of fiberglass at some point.

Will do...but pics of busted cars are not best sellers...

CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU

I think I got some air there once. I dont plan on trying that again.

Lucid Moments

Offer them to their competitors

trhoads

As resource photos for what parts are to be scavenged!

mhoward1

Blackmail, otherwise you show it to their spouses?

trhoads

Yikes! I would not want to be a part of that!

trhoads

thanks to those that have sent PM's and emails...still plenty of room on the list...that is the best way to get the most pictures to choose from. See you all on Friday...I have something fun and very unique planned for Friday!

sonny

Travis,

Please put me on your list.

I'll also be there Friday for the IC. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out on track with the the IC candidates.

I'm driving Thunder Roadster #68 black

Idea for a shot: With Jim's ThunderChicken running...... behind me.

trhoads
Travis,

I'll also be there Friday for the IC. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out on track with the the IC candidates.

Got you on the list...I will see what I can do for your photo op!

Jim P.
Travis,

Got you on the list...I will see what I can do with photo shop!

I fixed that for ya!

trhoads

HAHA! Nicely done.

mhoward1

Ha, but hey...what ever works.

brkntrxn

Kevin

2003 C5 Corvette Z06

Red

#01 PTA

Thunder Race Group

If you get any shots, much appreciated.