How to haul track wheels without a trailer?

sydewaysix

I'm considering getting some dedicated track wheels/tires for my mustang but have been hesitant because I don't have a trailer and I don't want to drive my car to the track on R compounds. This past weekend I saw a Porsche carrying his track wheels on his roof and a miata carrying his on a trunk luggage rack. Are there any similar options out there for mustangs? Would a bike rack on the roof work as a carrying device that I can tie the wheels to? I don't want to add a tow hitch either so I'm looking for something removable once I get to the track. Options anyone???

I have a friend who drives an '03 Mustang/Cobra. He can get all 4 of his track wheels and stuff for a weekend inside of his car.

I used to be able to fit them in the car but now I have a 4-pt roll bar with a harness bar and it's impossible to get anything into the back seats now.

You might be able to use one of the cargo carrier that use a trailer hitch to carry a set of tires. It would be easy to store reese-cargo-carrier.jpg

I have a friend who drives an '03 Mustang/Cobra. He can get all 4 of his track wheels and stuff for a weekend inside of his car.

That's a neat trick. I guess if you have a rear seat delete I could see doing that.

That's a neat trick. I guess if you have a rear seat delete I could see doing that.

He still has his back seat in. He puts one in the trunk, two in the rear seat, cover with towels, and one in the passenger seat. He use to bring a jack and stuff but now he just uses mine.

• 4 weeks later...