Should I replace my tires??

sydewaysix

Here are my current tires. I'm on the fence as to whether I need to replace them now or if I can get a few more trackdays out of them. They ate bridegstone re01r's.

This is the driver side front tire. Notice that the outer edge of the tire has no more tread but the middle part of the tire has plenty of tread remaining.

18e24fab.jpg

This is the rear driver side tire. All three the other tires aside from the driver front are pretty much in the same condition. Notice that there is still lots of tread depth remaining on the outer edge and middle section of the tire:

b9436a42.jpg

Should I replace them???

Do they still have good grip? Can you see the cord any where? Are these also you DD tires? Do you want new tires and trying to find support for getting them?

Do they still have good grip? Can you see the cord any where? Are these also you DD tires? Do you want new tires and trying to find support for getting them?

Yes, they still feel like they have good grip and no cords are showing. The tires and car are not used for DD purposes. Although I'd love new tires, I'd prefer to continue using these if they're still "safe" to use.

I would have the ones with edge wear "flipped" on the wheel to even things out (and possibly add some additional front camber), but otherwise they appear fine to me in those pictures

I would have the ones with edge wear "flipped" on the wheel to even things out (and possibly add some additional front camber), but otherwise they appear fine to me in those pictures

I agree, run them until they turn geasy after 15 min in a session or cords start showing.

Thanks all! I'll get the tires flipped and rotated then add .5 degrees of negative camber. Hopefully this will help!

I agree - remember direction means nothing in the dry (in most cases)