FastTater

You do not know what your missing...

FastTater

If you are on the fence and trying to determine which direction you want to go in racing, think about 944 spec. I have been hanhing around the guys, going to the build parties. It is the most fun you can have without losing your wife.

I decided to make the plunge and have a 1984 Porsche 944 that I am currently building. I was needing a parts car. Pantas found one which I picked up last week. This past weekend, Brian and Michael (944 Director) arranged a part-down at the chicken shack in Cumming, Ga. Within one day we parted down a 84 944, removing anything that could be used as spares for racing.

Michael and I arrived with the parts car Saturday morning and by the end of the day it was a shell ready to haul off to the scrap yard. No injuries to report, except for Jason hitting himself in the head with the cherry picker.

At the end of the day, we went to dinner and after a round of magaritas, headed over to Andretti's. It is a local go-cart track. It was a blast seeing those bright eyed cocky kids get plowed into the wall. While they have the benefit of less weight, nothing escapes a middle-aged bald guy with attitude. It was our way to share life's lessons with the youth of today.

It is more than just working on cars, it is an event. I want to thank the guys, Micheal, Jason, Brian, RJ and Dick for a great weekend.Special thanks to the Duffman for hooking us at Andrettis.

bigtater.jpg

Brian944

You said it, Tater- it was a blast!

We may need to kick things into a higher gear on your car-NASA MidSouth says they have 3 944-Spec cars in the works

Looks like we may have a rivalry brewing!

Just Me Racing

Tater,

You forgot to mention repairing Jason's oil pan leak, Modifying RJ's intake system AND we got the shop race car project running. As always I would like to thank the guys for all the help and for keeping me out of trouble once again in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure Karla would not see the humor in needing a bail bondsman to get home.

Sterling Doc

Hey, that's a perfectly good gas cap your scrapping!

You never know.

We had to "borrow" one from a used car lot for the weekend a few years ago.

Great stuff! Now we've got to get you guys up to nationals for some big time racing .

Rob O

You guys are having too much fun. Keep it up!

Jim P.

Cool! I keep looking for donors - both 944spec and SpecE30. Let me know what you need and I'll keep looking for them.

-Jim