tire pressures?

aaronsti

so on track you tend to have more turns in one direction than the other. this will cause that sides tires to get hotter which in turn will make them have a higher pressure. so my question is, if you take a hot temp and one side has more psi than the other do you adjust it to be equal but then have uneven cold temps.

On my car (FWD Honda/Acura), I do run uneven cold pressures. Actually, all 4 tires are different. Damned if I know what they are, I have them in my notebook buried in my gear. Can be an adventure for the first lap or so but then it comes in nicely.

Your logic is sound. You will also see that depending on how your car is sitting in relation to the sun the sunny side pressure are higher than the shady side. My cold pressures are the same for both front tires and are a couple of pounds more than the rear.

• 1 month later...

Staggering tire pressures is a great way to ensure that they are even when hot and the "more turns one way as opposed to the other" is a good example of this. I usually use a 1-2 psi difference between tires. For a heavy right-hand corner track, LF 32 (heats most), RF 33, LR 34, RR 35 (heats least), for example.

Staggering tire pressures is a great way to ensure that they are even when hot and the "more turns one way as opposed to the other" is a good example of this. I usually use a 1-2 psi difference between tires. For a heavy right-hand corner track, LF 32 (heats most), RF 33, LR 34, RR 35 (heats least), for example.

Pretty much what I do. Left-hand corner track (FWD 2300lbs) LF 29 RF 28 LR 32 RR 31