Trans vs. rear gearing question

Pattmanj

Rookie in AI NE division here. I am currently running a new Ford Racing Super Duty T-5 trans with a .63 fifth gear (old t-5 trans blew at Summit point last year) and a 3.55 8.8 rear now. I am making 308 hp so the FRSD trans isn't maxed, not to mention I just put it in. On long straights I max out 4th gear at 6400rpm and around 127mph. I am looking for more top end speed without sacrificing too much at lower corner entry/exit speeds

In your opinion is going to a 3.33 rear going to help enough (running 2nd, 3rd and 4rth gears)or do you think I should investigate replacing the FRSD fifth gear with a .80 fifth in the existing trans or just breakdown and get a complete Tremec which comes with a .80 fifth. If going with the Tremec do I change the rear gearing anyway? Thanks for your thoughts.

Have you played around with a gear calculator yet? If you need one, PM me your email address and I will send you 2 different ones in Excel format.

I haven't investigated costs of tranny gear swap yet, but a ring and pinion set is around $200. Just polling to see which way would work the best. I worked with a few calculators and changing the tranny gear will give me a better top end IF I get it into fifth (rarely, on long straights etc.) but the 3.33 will give me a decent top end in fourth.