H4 times at Road Atlanta

Lucid Moments

Hey guys, as in my other thread I'm a new HC racer. I've got an H4 car but there aren't many (any) other H4 cars in the Southeast so I was racing in H1 this past weekend. But I was wondering where I could look to see other H4 cars times at Road Atlanta to give me something to shoot for. My best lap this past weekend was a 1:55.2. I know the car has more in it, I just need more seat time to work on it.

I have the lap record at a 1:45.3 but that was soon after the repave and in great weather, normally I would be in the 46-48 range

So theoretically I have 9 to 10 seconds left. Shit. I knew I had time out there but not that much.

Just for reference, last year at the ARRC an ITA CRX Si ran in the 1:39's, and while yes that was on Hoosier A6's, it was also +100 lbs from H4 trim. The front running ITB guys (H5 legal but with Hoosiers) were in the 1:45's.

Just my humble $.02.

Regards,

Sam

might also want to factor in some allowances for track temp variations. RA is fast as hell when it's cold, but not when it's hot...

• 3 months later...
Just for reference, last year at the ARRC an ITA CRX Si ran in the 1:39's, and while yes that was on Hoosier A6's, it was also +100 lbs from H4 trim.

You mean 1:41.1-3 for the Moser CRX. ITA record is 40.7 in a Miata.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't compare myself to anything running on Hoosiers. RA is very fast, but you spend a significant amount of time turning. Tires make a huge difference. For me sticker r6's give me 1.5 seconds on my turn one segment time from the start/finish to the end of the blend line up the hill.

If the lap record is 1:45 there is the answer to your question, then add 2-4 seconds for weather. Don't know how built your car is, but I think a good goal might be 1:50, maybe 1:49 in December. When you get there buy a data log system and learn how to use it.

• 3 weeks later...

So a little better this weekend. 1:51.74 in qualifying on Saturday, and 1:51.60 in the race on Saturday. I was talking to Karl, and Shane at the track and they are telling me I need more gear. I am running a stock transmission and they recommended a 4.9 final drive.

I'm guessing you have a 4.25 FD at the moment? Yes, a 4.9 will make a world of difference.

I am not sure what the final drive is. I have to get the car off the trailer and into the garage and see.

Bigger motor and run H2 Mikey! Just saying. I think you will be happier in the end.

That is my ultimate plan. But I want to get as much out of the car as it is first. I may even go crazy and drop a K20 in it and beat you guys in H1.

that would be cool too. You need to sooner than later because you will be throwing money away getting that car up to full h4 prep just to change up in the next couple years.

that would be cool too. You need to sooner than later because you will be throwing money away getting that car up to full h4 prep just to change up in the next couple years.

I was not clear. As my plans are now I am not going to do anything to the car except drive it and maintain it. Once I am convinced that the driver is no longer the main issue then more moda will come. Starting with some kind of motor swap. Probably a B 18 but it will depend on what my budget is when that happens.