Recommendations for a lap timer with predictive lap times?

thonczarenko

Any suggestions/recommendations for a lap timer with predictive lap times?

What I'm trying to explain is.... Once you make a few laps it starts to predict lap times and you can experiment with different lines and things right away, instead of getting the telemetry after the session and dissecting the info.

For example, I see that the AIM Sports SOLO lap timer has a function like this, but it isn't very clear how it displays that info. Does it display sector time or have a posted lap time that changes as you drive the lap, or what?

Thanks for any input!

Todd

i don't know about the Solo, but the AiM MXL Pista displays a forecast lap time continuously. it isn't broken into sectors. it can also display a plus/minus on your current lap relative to your best lap. hope that helps.

Traqmate will do this, displays a + or - slider with how many tenths you are ahead of or behind your best

Yep, best tool on the market for the price IMO

Traqmate will do this, displays a + or - slider with how many tenths you are ahead of or behind your best

Yep, best tool on the market for the price IMO

Two Thumbs Up for Traqmate!

Just wondering if someone would be willing to compare the main differences between similarly priced traqmate products and aim sport products. Specifically I was looking at the full package traqmate versus the aim sport mxl pista or however it is spelled. It appears that traq mate is gps based while aim sport is accelerometor based? Also its easier to share and compare with the traqmate, but the aim sport has on board data logging and can have 5 speed inputs (might be more expensive unit) (accellerometer and one for each wheel).

It seems like the aim sport has better data collection while the traq mate is more user friendly/share with the internet friendly. The predictive lap times thing sounds huge though.

It is worth noting that I like the display of the aim sport 10000 times more than the traq mate. I feel like theres a reason all of my gauge clusters are 1-2 colors and not a gazillion like the traq mate. I just need to glance down and read data, not watch a movie. I feel like the aim sport communicates the data I need more quickly than the traq mate.

However I've never used either so thats why I'm asking.

Just wondering if someone would be willing to compare the main differences between similarly priced traqmate products and aim sport products. Specifically I was looking at the full package traqmate versus the aim sport mxl pista or however it is spelled. It appears that traq mate is gps based while aim sport is accelerometor based? Also its easier to share and compare with the traqmate, but the aim sport has on board data logging and can have 5 speed inputs (might be more expensive unit) (accellerometer and one for each wheel).

It seems like the aim sport has better data collection while the traq mate is more user friendly/share with the internet friendly. The predictive lap times thing sounds huge though.

It is worth noting that I like the display of the aim sport 10000 times more than the traq mate. I feel like theres a reason all of my gauge clusters are 1-2 colors and not a gazillion like the traq mate. I just need to glance down and read data, not watch a movie. I feel like the aim sport communicates the data I need more quickly than the traq mate.

However I've never used either so thats why I'm asking.

I can not speak to the AIM unit, but the TraqMate has both GPS and accelerometers within the base unit. TraqMate supports both analog and digital inputs in addition to a Tach input. I am only using the Tach, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and brake lights as auxiliary inputs.

In regards to viewing data, that is what I do after each run at the track on my laptop. The creation of video overlays takes a bit of effort and I use that for primarily entertainment.

Dale

as much as I prefer the looks of the aimsport, I'm starting to lean towards the traqmate because it seems like it would be infinately easier to find someone at the track who has one and could help me with mine if I ever needed it. why can't someone just make a screen thats completely seperate and cheaper with only inputs lol.