HPDE Volunteering

jekyll944

I will be Volunteering at the Road Atlanta NASA event Aug 4-5. I am doing this to prepare for my first HPDE event in November. Is there anything that I should be aware of or should know about going in.

Also, My car is a 1984 Porsche 944 with no mods. I have read alot about brake pads, brake fluid, tires etc. ANY other things I should do to make sure my car is HPDE 1 ready?

Thanks for all comments!

Joe

I think if your car is inspected, has good brake pads and fluid and decent tires, you're good to go. You've got a great track car in the 944 so all you have to do now is show up and you'll have a blast. Where will you do your first HPDE?

My First HPDE will be at Road Atlanta in November. And Yes I plan on Putting the ATE Brake Fluid and replacing all fluids before I go into the weekend. I am about to do a clutch replacement(SACHS) on my 944 and do a couple other things like exhaust/airfilter/rear spacers. It should be solid and "ready to race" come November 30. I am getting excited about volunteering at Road Atlanta because it is my favorite venue and I have been going there for a while as a spectator and have always wanted to get involved and finally get my chance while Im still young (22)

Welcome Joe!

If you are in the Atlanta area just bring your car over to the 944-Spec clubhouse: AKA the chicken shack. We have a lift and will be happy to take a look at your car and make sure you are prepped for DE- won't cost you anything but some beer

We'll also be having a build party on the 14th of this month- feel free to stop by! PM me for details.

Brian