NorCal/SoCal crossover in August

Pat L.

I saw it on the track and I saw the lap times. My opinion, it turns out, was correct. Sorry.

So, you can tell what modifications a car has by looking at it on track and looking at lap times? WOW! Turns out you weren't correct. See below.

You are entitled to your opinion as to what "stock" means. To me, it means unmodified. Your car has over 30 modification points.

My car was examined at impound and given 28 points and still in TTB. There was a change in the rules afterwards and my car was given a 5 I-don't-know-why-he-is-so-fast points which made it a total of 33 points. I bet I can find 4 point I can take off easily without loosing much time, certainly not 10 seconds/lap.

In the interest of fairness, could you please make a decision on how many point you are adding for the external reservoir shocks BEFORE the Sear event so I know what I need to run to stay in TTB?

Thanks!

--Navid

Navid,

Ted,

How's the car? Did you upgrade to a carbon fiber hood?

Well, that wasn't my car. It was my sponsors car. It already had a carbon fiber hood. But, he's already fixed the windshield, and the hood.....so, it's ready to go. I might run it some at Willow Springs... But, I'm going to stick to my car for now...LOL

Hey John, Greg, and other directors/organizers.

Maybe we should adopt a ballast system?

Those competitors who are on the edge of bumping up to another class can opt to take on ballast weight ("X"lbs. would result in one classification point being removed from the total). Of course there would have to be some sort of limit/maximum to the total ballast allowable so that you don't have Dieter and Robi running with the TTB guys.

Also, I e-mailed Greg regarding the remote reservoir shock issue. First off, it should be classified as any "nitrogen-charged, oil-displacement shock" because that's essentially what a "remote reservoir shock" is, it's just easier to adjust high speed movements with the reservoir.

Ted, glad to hear that your car went unscathed

Hmm, you were that S4 in Group 4 at Buttonwillow? To add ballast sufficient to slow you down might take a trailer. I was in that white old M5. It is nice not to have to lift when being passed.

I signed up for HPDE 3 at Sears. Given the fact they force HPDE instructors to drive only in Group 4 in Nor Cal, I figured it might be a bit crowded in that group (I would be near 20 extra cars). I may regret it but it is only for one day.

• Members
Hmm, you were that S4 in Group 4 at Buttonwillow? To add ballast sufficient to slow you down might take a trailer. I was in that white old M5. It is nice not to have to lift when being passed.

Yeah, and I for one, really do appeaciate the lifting too!! Im really fast in the corners but most anyone can walk away from me on the straights. Trying to remedy the hp problem a little..... Well, THANKS!

• 4 weeks later...

17 days...

John, I think you better advise Infineon Raceway to dig up their AMB receivers out of the pavement and coat them with a liberal amount of vasaline

DarkNWet-vi.jpg

Like SoCal on that crowded road

Doth drive in fear and dread,

And having once glanced back speeds on,

And no more turns his head;

Because he knows a frightful field

Doth close behind him tread.

With apologies to Samuel Taylor Coleridge and "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"

• Members

With apologies to Samuel Taylor Coleridge and "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"

HAHA!!! Sweet, nuthin like a little rivalry and you hacked up a perfectly good poem.... !

... and then the starter throws the green flag and the SoCal guys don't have to check their mirrors anymore.

I'm backing out of the weekend as I popped my engine on the dyno last week

I'll still be up there on Saturday getting rides in a few friends cars and will hopefully have mine up and running again by the September date at T-Hill.

I'm backing out of the weekend as I popped my engine on the dyno last week

I'll still be up there on Saturday getting rides in a few friends cars and will hopefully have mine up and running again by the September date at T-Hill.

Wow, really sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to a big TTA field too... see you Saturday!